Priority Dates May Retrogress

Elnegro

Registered Users (C)
I just read the article "Priority Dates May Retrogress" on Murthy.com and I am a little confused about it. Would this affect new filers that file after the cut-off dates? Would it have an impact on older filers?

Please post your thoughts. Thanks
Elnegro

Here is the quote:

"At the present time, all employment-based (EB) categories are current. This means that there are enough visa numbers for all cases, in all employment-based categories, regardless of one's priority date or the initial filing date. However, this favorable situation is likely to end. The DOS states that it is probable one or more EB preference categories will cease being current during FY2005 and will have cut-off dates, as has been experienced in the past. The Visa Bulletin states that the EB third-preference category (where the job requires either 2 years of prior work experience or a Bachelor's degree and less than 5 years of prior work experience) may retrogress as early as January 2005, though this is not yet a certainty."

For Full article go to:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html

I am sure it affects all new filers when they release cut-off dates, especially EB3 category.

bmt74 said:
"Retrogress" ???? Why can't they write in simple english "Revert" ???.

I still don't feel we really know how this will be implemented and what will affect.

Lets say they put a cut off date during the next few months. Will they put a current Cut Off date (eg. Dec. 2004) or a previous (eg. July 2003). That makes a big difference for people who already filed....
elnegro