Priority dates from Jan 2005

kutti80

Registered Users (C)
All,

The new policy of not accepting the applications until the priority dates are met is going to be implemented as early as Jan 2005. Does this mean the I-140 applications are also not accepted? If 140/485 is filed before Jan 2005, will it fall under that category. Do they process 140 atleast and we can then make use of the AC21 rule? Please help

thanks.

Jharkhandi said:
140 will still be accepted and should be processed as per ND. Filing 485 will not be allowed.

If both 140 and 485 are applied in the next few days, say one month, will they be accepted. From your answer, I understand 140 will be accepted. In that case, is 485 application accepted?

thanks

@@@ YES!!! Accepted .. Till the the policy comes from USCIS.
But still once it comes and adjudication is still depend on the proirity dates it self ..Till the priotirty date cases were not adjudicated .

kutti80 said:
If both 140 and 485 are applied in the next few days, say one month, will they be accepted. From your answer, I understand 140 will be accepted. In that case, is 485 application accepted?

thanks

kutti80 said:

thanks

They will accept both the applications.But USCIS will not adjudicate 485 till it reaches the priority date.But I guess, you can get EAD as well as as use AC21 if 140 is approved and 6 months passes.

gcva said:
They will accept both the applications.But USCIS will not adjudicate 485 till it reaches the priority date.But I guess, you can get EAD as well as as use AC21 if 140 is approved and 6 months passes.

THANKS Guys!!!! Yes, I was pretty much looking to confirm the AC21 rule. If they process 140 and 485 is pending for > 180 days, I would be happy.

thanks

Hi All,
If i apply 140/485 before Jan 2005 , is it possible to add the spouse at a later date ie., after Jan 2005 .
Will they have any restrictions on adding the spouse/dependents.

Can someone give any kind of info on this.

Thanks in advance.

Any Guess !!

What may be the Cut-Off Priority date to begin with?
I mean LC filed by what date will be considered in first batch?

I know it is not realistic, but we may have guesses .
Just asking for the guess.