Priority Dates & Canadians

canadian2005

Registered Users (C)
I'm a Canadian citizen born in Toronto. I believe that I will not be impacted by the retrogression in priority dates. Does that mean that USCIS will process my case according to the timelines posted in the Service Center processing times page(currently at June 19, 2003 for VSC, which is where I applied)? Do you believe the retrogression will somehow have a negative impact on ppl who are not supposed to be impacted by it?

Thanks in advance

birthplace determinantive

you are determined by your birth place, not by your current citizenship. So if you were born in China and now a Canadian citizen and in EB3 category, the cut off still might effect you.

canadian2005 said:
I'm a Canadian citizen born in Toronto. I believe that I will not be impacted by the retrogression in priority dates.

Correct.

Do you believe the retrogression will somehow have a negative impact on ppl who are not supposed to be impacted by it?

If anything, it might be positive in the sense that folks ahead of you in the queue without current PDs will have their I-485s taken aside. Most likely, you won't see much difference.