Priority dates announced EB3- 01 jan 2002 -china,india,philippines

blessu said:
Sorry to be so dumb guys.

But they say PD is the date you apply for LC (EB case) at DOL.is that state DOL or Federal DOL .actuayl when we file ofr LC it first goes to state department and then to Federal. so what date is the PD?.

PD is the date when the Labor is applied with the state emploment agency (SESA) Not Federal and that will be assigned to the alien when I-140 is approved.

Thanks in advance.

blessu said:
Sorry to be so dumb guys.

But they say PD is the date you apply for LC (EB case) at DOL.is that state DOL or Federal DOL .actuayl when we file ofr LC it first goes to state department and then to Federal. so what date is the PD?.

Thanks in advance.

When you mail your LC it goes to SESA and the date they stamp as received is your PD. You don't mail anything to regional unless there are some questions I guess. SESA sends your whole package to the regional office.

What is the FIFO order for 485 approvals? Is it based on PD or 485- RD or 495 PD?

That is people whose labor approved from slower processing states and file for 485 if PD is current, can they expect 485 approval before those who have filed 485 and waiting for approval assuming PD is not current?

Kb_Gc

kb_gc said:
What is the FIFO order for 485 approvals? Is it based on PD or 485- RD or 495 PD?

That is people whose labor approved from slower processing states and file for 485 if PD is current, can they expect 485 approval before those who have filed 485 and waiting for approval assuming PD is not current?

Kb_Gc

I don't think there is any logic with NSC, if there was there wouldn't be people like nsc121901 waiting for 3 years while folks from late 2003 and even early 2004 are getting approved. While common sense says that it should be FIFO, this whole process is so full of crap that if there was any semblance of order you wouldn't see this happen. The only thing that changes with PD retrogression is if there is a case that is 'approval ready' it will not be approved until it is current. This indirectly could help backlogged cases, again this will only help so much, it is not going to eliminate the randomness totally. And also remember it is only with EB3 and from the three 'special' countries even though one could argue that vast majority of applications are EB3 and from these countries.

What will happen to AC21!!

I was going through interviews. What is the impact on AC21? Can I switch job with EAD and AP? Can I renew my AP and EAD while waiting? My PD is 5/3/2002. Dave :confused:

My PD is May 2002 and my RD is 2nd Jan 03 and i just replied RFEs which hopefully they'll receive by tuesday from my lawyer.

What do you guys think will my case have impact with this new rule. I'm so close to get approval...

dave1234 said:
I was going through interviews. What is the impact on AC21? Can I switch job with EAD and AP? Can I renew my AP and EAD while waiting?

Looks like you are a silent spectator of this forum.

There wouldn't be any impact on AC-21. As long as your I-140 is approved and
your 485 is pending for atleast 180 days you can use AC-21 for change of employers. You can always renew AP and EAD as long as your 485 is pending.

My PD is 5/3/2002. Dave :confused:

amcom said:
My PD is May 2002 and my RD is 2nd Jan 03 and i just replied RFEs which hopefully they'll receive by tuesday from my lawyer.

amcom -

Hey buddy, make sure you get on your lawyer's rear end to see he sends out that RFE ASAP! I would honestly call him/her everyday to the point of annoyance to make doubly sure. I am crossing my fingers for you!

Japanese

nsc121901

I am following this site ever since I have applied for my I-485 without bothering you guys with my stupid questions. Unfortunately recently I came to know that my company will let me go once I have my GC approved and will rehire after a period. So I asked in this group for suggestion. So after receiving hope from you guys I started looking for a change. Then this one came up. Hope this helps. Dave :confused:

I definitely think it's random.

My LC (EB-3) Priority Date was 01/17/2003. I just got my passport stamped today (I-551).

My 140/485 were concurrently filed on 10/02/2003 and were approved on 11/24/2004 by NSC.

So it doesn't look like there's a pattern. Possibly, the PD retrogression will bring some discipline to the process.

My priority date is May 15 2002 in EB3 category (Sec 203(b)(3)(A) (i) or (ii) -- This is in my I140 approval notice -- I believe this is EB3)and approved on April 17 2003. My I485 is filed on Feb 25 2003. Will I be affected by PD. My attorney says this will only affect those who have not filed I140.

This is NSC, right now it is processing May 31 2002, with the PD can this retrogress to Jan 01 2002.

The more I read about this I get more confused.

Thanks
Jijo

jijo_robert said:
My priority date is May 15 2002 in EB3 category (Sec 203(b)(3)(A) (i) or (ii) -- This is in my I140 approval notice -- I believe this is EB3)and approved on April 17 2003. My I485 is filed on Feb 25 2003. Will I be affected by PD. My attorney says this will only affect those who have not filed I140.

This is NSC, right now it is processing May 31 2002, with the PD can this retrogress to Jan 01 2002.

The more I read about this I get more confused.

Thanks
Jijo

In my opinion your attorney is wrong. Unless USCIS comes up with a policy to handle all cases filed before 12/31/04, that they will not be effected by PD, I think USCIS will not approve a 485 petition if your PD is not current. From 01/01/05, you will not even be able to file 485 and derive benefits from that like EAD, AC21 etc.
Skywalkr is an extremely lucky guy. Quite a bit of cases that were filed concurrently in Sep/Oct/Nov of 2003 were approved and he escaped this PD nightmare. If his approval were to be delayed by another 6 weeks he would have had to wait atleast for 2 more years. And part of the PD retrogression problem is due to this stupid concurrent policy that USCIS started adapting and overissued visa numbers. Now guys that were genuinely in line for a long time have to suffer. No offence to Skywalkr, but that is the reality and I feel frustrated.

i think

The way it works is, they open cases based on 485 receipt date
<= service center processing date, if your PD is also <= jan , 2002 then they adjudicate the case otherwise just falls in the que

let's say my PD is jan 99 (first time i filed my labor filed with dol) , my 485 RD is jan 2004 (It is true :))
even though my PD is current they do not open my case since my receipt date is > their published processing date
they open it only when their published processing date reaches mine.

Since Eb2 is current, i think it takes a while for nebraska to move the processing dates for 485's to within 6 months.

Having reasoned out at my pace, i think they need to close Nebraska and Texas having service centers in under developed areas and move it to thinking cities like Boston , atleast being with right people may rejuvenate their brains

Concurrent Filing

Now the dates retrogate..
What happens to the concurrent filed 140/485 before Dec 2003. They will not process 140 until 485 date comes current or 140 is processed seperatly?
Please someone clarify this..

My PD in I140 is May 15 2002, is there another PD for Labor certification? I believe LC was cleared before Jan1 2002.

I am not sure how will the new PD law will affect me?

Any ideas?

Pd

jijo_robert said:
My PD in I140 is May 15 2002, is there another PD for Labor certification? I believe LC was cleared before Jan1 2002.

I am not sure how will the new PD law will affect me?

Any ideas?
---------

PD is the date when you apply for Labor. If it before 1.1.02 you are okay. Since it was cleared before 1.1.02, you dont have to worry. Futher this affects only eb3 cases.

---------
that's my 2cents, not legal opinion!