priority date

kishore143

Registered Users (C)
hi all
i applied my labor on nov 2002
i got my labor approved and i applied my i 140 and 485 on nov 2004.i got my finerprinting notices on dec13th2004.In that prority date is nov 2004 instead of nov 2002.From this forum i came to know that PD is date when we apply our labor.but mine is when i aplliied my 485& 140.can somebody clarify me on this.Another problem is my employer is not giving me receipt numbers for any of 140,485,ead.how can i get them.please somebody help me on this.
thank u very much

How to find receipt number.

How to find receipt number.

Hi Kishore,

If you have paid for your 140 and 485, Once the cheque is cleared from your bank, you will find the receipt number at the back portion of your cheque. Ask you bank to send copy of the front/back portion of the cheque.
All the best.

It is not substituted labor it is my original labor.
And i paid for my 485 and 140 through cashiers checks.I called my bank they r telling there is no numbers for cashiers checks.
Thanks for ur replies.
kishore

Hello Kishore,

Regarding the PD on your Fingerprint notice:

I had the same experience. When I mentioned about this to my attorney he said that it might be an error on part of USCIS and we should not worry about it. So, I have not taken any action.

Hope this helps.

Kishore,

I did the same when I paid using my personal cheque. And later my laywer gave me my receipt(Lin) number which was the same which I got from bank.

same here

My priority date too was printed as i-140 filing date.
My attroeny said its an erro and nothing to worry since he says PD on finger print Notice doesn't control. Anyway I asked my attorney to request for correction.
My attorney sent a request to USCIS for correction last week.
I will update you with developments.
Thanks
-Greeny

Check if this helps you

call the customer support and give your details and tell them that you didnt get your receipt. Then they will send you information in a week or so.

Good Luck

Hi Kishore

It is your labour date. Your priority date is Nov 2002.

If your 140 is approved you can see this date on your approval notice of 140. If your 140 is not approved, there are chances for both your 140 and 485 be approved simultaneously.

Right now people of receiving approvals for June 2002 PD.

Best of luck
Best of luck.

Are they doing with PD or received date. Mine is june 01, but I 140 is approved. Now due to this new process, I have to wait to get 485.

I think the PD on FP notice is the date or receipt. As far as I know, the PD does not "attach" unless the 140 is approved. The PD on my FP had the same thing but I read some posts on the VSC 140 forums about this (don't ask me which one!).