Priority Date Status after Employer cancels the approved I-140

speddi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Can we keep the PD even after the employer cancels the approved i-140 after I move to another company?

Thanks,

Can we keep the PD even after the employer cancels the approved i-140 after I move to another company?

--NO.

srsin said:
yes you can.

The I-140 belongs to the employer and the PD is associated with the I-140. Therefore, if the employer kills the I-140, the PD becomes invalid and hence cannot be transferred/ported/recaptured.

Talk to your lawyer if still in doubt.

bigboy00 said:

The I-140 belongs to the employer and the PD is associated with the I-140. Therefore, if the employer kills the I-140, the PD becomes invalid and hence cannot be transferred/ported/recaptured.

Talk to your lawyer if still in doubt.

No He will carry the PD unless there is some kind of fraud

tammy2 said:
No He will carry the PD unless there is some kind of fraud

I read the same in one of the forums. We cannot use the PD if employer cancels the I-140 providing fraud as the reason. But I couldnt find any information supporting that. Can you please provide me some information regarding that if you know of any. Thank you.

I read the same in one of the forums. We cannot use the PD if employer cancels the I-140 providing fraud as the reason. But I couldnt find any information supporting that. Can you please provide me some information regarding that if you know of any. Thank you.

I remember solidly that someone pointed to a government publication that indicates that PD cannot be transfer if I-140 is revoked or withdrawn under ANY situation.

However, another person also pointed to another publication that indicates that PD cannot be transfer if I-140 is revoked or withdrawn because of fraud or miscategorized.

So I can see that the first statement covers the second statement without any conflict.

I also spoke to my lawyer about that too. She said that PD cannot be transfer if I-140 is revoked or withdrawn under ANY situation.

what happens I-140 revoked after filing new labour from new employer

I believe that to use your OLD PD after I-140 approved (from your previous employer) u need to file new labor from the new employer

what happens if the previous employer revokes the I-140 after we filling the labor from the new employer using old PD

I remember solidly that someone pointed to a government publication that indicates that PD cannot be transfer if I-140 is revoked or withdrawn under ANY situation.

However, another person also pointed to another publication that indicates that PD cannot be transfer if I-140 is revoked or withdrawn because of fraud or miscategorized.

So I can see that the first statement covers the second statement without any conflict.

I also spoke to my lawyer about that too. She said that PD cannot be transfer if I-140 is revoked or withdrawn under ANY situation.

I believe that to use your OLD PD after I-140 approved (from your previous employer) u need to file new labor from the new employer

what happens if the previous employer revokes the I-140 after we filling the labor from the new employer using old PD

PD is required while filing the I-485 petition. Previous I-140 should not be revoked till then (at least). Not sure about the consequences, if I-140 is revoked after I-485 filing.

My 2 cents.