Priority date prediction

Useless

Eventhough PD moves, nothing happens.. Mine was 5-2001, everything on file with USCIS (140 Approved,Applied 2nd EAD, FP done on Mar-05), but no use, no LUD change.

If it is your 2nd or subsequnet extension from the present employer then you are exempted from recent fee hikes( 1500/750 and 500). It is only $185.
People feel more secure when they are on H1 rather than EAD, provided there are any unseen/unexpected problems with your I485 approval.

Best of luck!
bim said:
I am on H-1B. I will complete 6 years in the month of Feb 2006. Also, I am not willing to change my employer. Hence, I did not fee necessity to renew EAD. I may apply EAD again in the month of October, 2005 so that it will give me work authorization when I complete 6 years. Initially, I thought of filing for 7th year extension. But, the high fee for H1 extension is making me to think twice.

ddd999 said:
Any body any idea what the dates will be for June 2005
We heard you the first time ... no need to re-post.

Predictions on PD are pretty much baseless .... there is no real data to base these predictions on.

It may move up a month, 2 months or it may even retrogress more !!!

Wait 'n' watch is the only thing we can do :)

GeeSea said:
If it is your 2nd or subsequnet extension from the present employer then you are exempted from recent fee hikes( 1500/750 and 500). It is only $185.......
Best of luck!

This is good to know that it will only cost me 185 dollars to do 7th year extension.

It is unfortunate that PD did not move in the June 05 Visa Bulletin. Is it due to the LCAs getting cleared by Backlog Elimination Centers? Somehow, I have a bad feeling that the PD will move very slowly in future.

Also, I have seen a friend of mine who’s PD is May 05 is under processes. He got RFE.

EMPLOYMENT-BASED THIRD PREFERENCE “OTHER WORKER” CATEGORY VISA AVAILABILITY

As mentioned in both the February and March Visa Bulletins, demand for visa numbers in the Other Worker category remains very high. A cut-off date was established for March in an attempt to limit number use. The imposition of that date has not had the desired effect and the level of demand remains excessive. Therefore, it is likely that the cut-off date will retrogress or numbers become “unavailable” in the near future.

Even if the PD moves, it will not help, all the visa numbers will be grabbed by the CSC/VSC centres, the lazy bums at NSC will just watch and make us suffer .

Looks like they havent moved their a**s for a long time and its paralyzed.

Its a curse filing the application in NSC.

I agree with Ranvir. If you see number of filer in NCS is far more then in other centers. They are doing much better job. NSC is like a dumping ground, if they have any additional work they dump on NSC.