Priority date issue gaining momentum

gcbandwagon

Registered Users (C)
I see that the priority date issue is gaining momentum.As I understand it PD is the date on which labor is filed.When priority dates come into the picture ,some say as early as Jan 2005 ,my question is,till what dates will it roll back to??????I have heard Dec2002 is the most likely date from some other thread.I think that could also be one of the reasons for NSC speeding up on EB3.Looks like time is really running out for EB3.
Man,this complications never end!!!!!!!

Priority Dates

Guys.. here is what I heard about Priority dates. Even if priority dates get effected for EB3 Applicants. There some possible options

Option 1
The quota which is left over by other countries would be adjusted for India and china born applicants

Option 2
The USCIS might ask to submit the I485 application regardless of the priority dates and does't not process them until the visa number is avaliable.
Meanwhile the applicant can get EAD and after 6 monts he can take advantage of AC21 rules.

Please.. This is not an accurate information I heard this in my friends circle

Hope something should work out in the above two options!!!!!!

Guys,
I fail to understand one thing, what is the future going to be for people who have already applied for I-140/I-485 concurrently but the aplication is still pending while this "priority date" issue rolls in ?? Lets say my RD for I485/I140 is in July2004 and the priority date that rolls in is for Dec2002, so does that mean I'll have to wait for 2 more years before either of my application gets approved ?? And how fast would this priority date move ?? I mean would it really take 2 years ?? Please ...........say NO..........

Also remember that a lot of people who applied in April 2001 to gain advantage of the 245(i) were mainly unskilled workers who fall in the EB-3 other workers category. The State department expected the "other worker" category to retrogress in August 2004, but right now they are current as well.

unitednations said:
The scary part is that 300,000 isn't the number. It could be as high as demand for 1,000,000 when you factor in dependents since they also use up the eb visas. If one is from India/China it could be a long, long time for them to get their greencard if this happens.

I asked my attorney this a while back -- hey also use up the same EB quota that primary applicants draw from.

Wasn't there a part of the 2000 law that allowed backlogged countries like India and China to use up those EB visas that were not used up by other countries?

The American Competitiveness Act of the 21st century allows for spillover of visas from other countries to oversubscribed countries like India and China.

xyz..where did you see this saying that the "other worker" category was supposed to retrogress in Aug 04. Just curious.
<quote>The State department expected the "other worker" category to retrogress in August 2004, but right now they are current as well.</quote>

It was actually mentioned in one of Attorney Murthy's bulletin, I think it was somewhere in early to middle of 2004 or somewhere in late 2003. You will have to do an in depth search on her website to find the article. Also Attorney Ron Gotcher had stated the same in one of his chat sessions, and I believe it was during the middle of this summer, as the "other worker" category was expected to retrogress in August 2004but did not.

Consular processing 140 filers ?

UnitedNations,

What happens to the Consular processing 140 filers ?

Any idea ?

Thanks,

All this is confusing
I have 2 questions
1.Till what date will priority dates retrogress?
2.How will priority dates retrogressing to say Jan 2003 save any visa numbers?
As priority date is the date labor was applied ,I am sure all the 485 'S in pipeline have priority date above Jan 2003.
So how does priority dates going backwards help?????

Just in case you are not reading the priority date thread,someone has posted this.I do not know the source of this info but it is real scary :mad:

jambalakadi
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

01-JUL-2002 is the Date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All applicants with PD after Jul-2002 chillout and forget about your I-485. worry about you Labor approvals,I-140 approvals, EAD's ,AP's and H1-b 7th year extensions. they are going to retrogress to 01-JUL-2002. They wont be current until 2007.

unitednations,what do you think will happen to 140'S.Will NSC forget its concurren tprocessing policy and start clearing atleast the 140's???

gcbandwagon said:
Just in case you are not reading the priority date thread,someone has posted this.I do not know the source of this info but it is real scary :mad:

jambalakadi
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

01-JUL-2002 is the Date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All applicants with PD after Jul-2002 chillout and forget about your I-485. worry about you Labor approvals,I-140 approvals, EAD's ,AP's and H1-b 7th year extensions. they are going to retrogress to 01-JUL-2002. They wont be current until 2007.

There's also similar information on www.shusterman.com

It's in the scrolling news ticker - says EB3 is expected to go back to 2002 for India, PR China and Phiilipines, and remain current for other countries...

Doesn't say when in 2002 though!

bharad1 said:
There's also similar information on www.shusterman.com

It's in the scrolling news ticker - says EB3 is expected to go back to 2002 for India, PR China and Phiilipines, and remain current for other countries...

Doesn't say when in 2002 though!

EMPLOYMENT: The increasing CIS use of numbers is likely to require the establishment of cut-off dates in one or more categories during FY-2005. Such action is expected in the Employment Third preference category as early as January

Above is the information from the October's VISA Bulletin,
I did't noticed any cut-off mentiioned in the above bulletin, like 2002 as
mentioned in this forum
Can anybody inform me, from where this 2002 came into the picture please.