Priority date is portable, but what about job classification?

As per my lawyer
The Wrong priority date on I-140 is a very common issue and that date is not being used for 485 approval / processing. The priorty Date on I-140 will be generally corrected in 8-10 weeks after the attoney sends a fax with reqd documentation.

== On a side Note, I suggest that we create a sticky thread to track issues related to porting the Priority Date from an Older (apprvd labor & I140) only.

I am also in process of filing a new Labor under PERM to Port my old Priority Date to the new one. :D

Thanks Ginnu!

Thanks Ginnu. I will write to Ombudsman's office and post the updates here.

Just a note: The link to Ombudsman's office did not work. When I searched the website, I found this one instead :
http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0731.shtm

Probably changed when the website was revamped.

Thanks,
Udai

Originally Posted by udaippan
Ginnu,
Here is my case info:
1) Employer is Desi but from VA
2) LC is EB2
3) PD is Oct 2002
4) I-485 filing date is May 2005

My PD and Processing dates are current. But I am stuck in namecheck (USCIS letter for my case enquiry). I am trying all other channels like Senator, wrote a letter to FBI HQ, Sent faxes to HQ. I also sent a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff and I got a reply from his office. Someone from his office called me got all my case info (especially PD ). I am not sure if any of this is going to help. Also thinking of WOM as a last resort.

Let me know what do you think of my case now?
----------------- it is pure guess if the other person has not got his I-485 approved with AC21 you are safe. I dont have much info about desi employer in VA but know that many in NJ who sold LC to many. does the company name in VA start with InfoG........ if that is the company and they have also office in Michigan then employer is telling the truth and they are not bad.

**name check or background check takes the time
---------- also write to USCIS Ombudsman, send the letter with certified return reciept. update the thread if get any info.

** this lik has info what and how to write
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0731.xml

By email: prakash.khatri@dhs.gov

Hon. Prakash Khatri
Ombudsman
Office of the Ombudsman
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov
his central office email:CISO@DHS.gov
Please send your response to our office by mail at the above address or by electronic mail to: cisombudsman@dhs.gov.
Thanks,
Udai

To Josamdee

Hi Josamdee,
My 140 approval has a wrong PD; 2004 instead of 2000, I have sent it for correction in the first week of September 2006, still hasn't heard anything on it. How long did it take in your case to get it fixed. Appreciate your reply

Thanks,
GMR

josamdee said:
As per my lawyer
The Wrong priority date on I-140 is a very common issue and that date is not being used for 485 approval / processing. The priorty Date on I-140 will be generally corrected in 8-10 weeks after the attoney sends a fax with reqd documentation.

== On a side Note, I suggest that we create a sticky thread to track issues related to porting the Priority Date from an Older (apprvd labor & I140) only.

I am also in process of filing a new Labor under PERM to Port my old Priority Date to the new one. :D

gmr said:
Hi Josamdee,
My 140 approval has a wrong PD; 2004 instead of 2000, I have sent it for correction in the first week of September 2006, still hasn't heard anything on it. How long did it take in your case to get it fixed. Appreciate your reply

Thanks,
GMR

8-10 weeks after lawyer sends out the letter for correction

GINNU - Namecheck cleared

Ginnu,
My namecheck has been cleared! I got a notice from FBI Record Management Division to my home address mentioning this along with the dates like when they received it from USCIS and when it was processed!!! That was really a surprise! :) Guess what, my wife's namecheck was cleared within 1 month whereas mine was not cleared until last week (18 months)!

I was about to write a letter to Ombudsman also per your advice but before that I got this clearance letter. Thanks Ginnu, for your help.

One less hurdle for me now. Now I am sitting tight to see what is going to happen with my I-485. Hope it was not used by the previous Employee A!!!

Thanks,
Udai

ginnu said:
Originally Posted by udaippan
Ginnu,
Here is my case info:
1) Employer is Desi but from VA
2) LC is EB2
3) PD is Oct 2002
4) I-485 filing date is May 2005

My PD and Processing dates are current. But I am stuck in namecheck (USCIS letter for my case enquiry). I am trying all other channels like Senator, wrote a letter to FBI HQ, Sent faxes to HQ. I also sent a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff and I got a reply from his office. Someone from his office called me got all my case info (especially PD ). I am not sure if any of this is going to help. Also thinking of WOM as a last resort.

Let me know what do you think of my case now?
----------------- it is pure guess if the other person has not got his I-485 approved with AC21 you are safe.

**name check or background check takes the time
---------- also write to USCIS Ombudsman, send the letter with certified return reciept. update the thread if get any info.

** this lik has info what and how to write
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/intera...torial_0731.xml

By email: prakash.khatri@dhs.gov

Hon. Prakash Khatri
Ombudsman
Office of the Ombudsman
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov
his central office email:CISO@DHS.gov
Please send your response to our office by mail at the above address or by electronic mail to: cisombudsman@dhs.gov.
Thanks,
Udai

wrong PD on 140 approval

Hi,
I have an approved 140 with PD of 2000 from my previous employer, and I filed a labor with my current employer with PD of 2004 which got cleared in 2006 Jan, so using the PD from my previous 140 approval I filed 140 and 485 concurrently based on my current Labor, I got my 140 approved
on Aug 2006, however the PD on the approval is 2004 instead of 2000.

So my lawyer sent a letter during 1st week of Sept 2006 to get it fixed. I received an email from USCIS on Dec 13th stating that they have fixed the PD
Today I received the copy of this amended 140 which has the correct PD of 2000.

Just want the folks with similar issue to know , that this problem can be corrected and it took me around 3.5 months to get it fixed

Thanks,
GMR

wrong PD on 140 approval

GMR,

Thanks for the info. It gave me a lot of relief. My attorney sent a request to correct my I-140 in 1st week of Dec. I did not receive any email from CIS so far. I might need to wait for some more time.

Thanks again.