priority date/filing date/payment received???

aabraham

Registered Users (C)
I have filled two I-130(s) for my mom and dad. Filing dates are Aug 31,2005 but due to change of address my dad's check was lost and INS did not cash the check until Oct 27. I don't see any priority date on my NOA so my question is which date should I be looking for when following the case status? For example right now the California service center is processing July 19 applications so is my parents date Aug 31? or is my mom's Aug 31 and my dad's Oct 27 when the check was cashed? I'm trying to figure out if they can go to consular interview together or at least 2-3 days apart or my dad will have to wait couple of months?
Second question : Does anyone know how much longer it takes from the I-130 approval to consular interview? I'm a USC filing for my parents which live abroad. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks

The Priority date should be on the recipt notice that you received for each I-130 you filed.

The timeline for cp depends on how fast your I-130 is approved. In my case, my father-in-laws I-130 was approved in one month. My mother-in-laws I-130 is still not approved.

I think once I-130 is approved and if you send all the papers that they request, it should not take more than 6-8 months.

Yamini Patel said:
The Priority date should be on the recipt notice that you received for each I-130 you filed.

The timeline for cp depends on how fast your I-130 is approved. In my case, my father-in-laws I-130 was approved in one month. My mother-in-laws I-130 is still not approved.

I think once I-130 is approved and if you send all the papers that they request, it should not take more than 6-8 months.

Thank you for responding. The thing is the priority date is left blank on my NOA forms. There is the filing date but priority date is blank. Could you share your information. What service center did you apply for your in laws? how long ago? Thank you.

we applied in Sept 2005. We applied to Vermont Service Center. Father-in-laws app was approved in Nov. Mother-in-loaws I130 is still not approved.

Thanks for answering. I'm so glad somebody replied to my question. One more question for you. You said that the NOA should have the priority date on it. Could you check and let me know if your priority date is the date they received the application or is it the date the check was cashed? Have you tried to follow up and find out why your father is law's application is still pending? Is there any way to delay one applicant's process so the other one can catch up? For example if the same thing happens to me and my mom's app gets approved before my dad's can I ask them to hold on to my mom's processing until my dad gets to the same stage?(not sure if that's a good idea but just in case my parents can not go to foreign embassy twice)?

The Priority date is the date they received the application. The check was cashed on later date.

Yes, we have been calling every week. Everytime we get different answer. My husband just called yesterday. The lady said the cas has not been assigned to anyone. Not sure what that means.

To delay the application process, just send the last form which is biographic information with the other persons biographic information. That's what the INS person told my husband.