Priority Date and Country of Birth

sara2006

Registered Users (C)
I live in Canada and my Green card is being processed by my US based employer. Currently, the dates have retrogressed to 2000 and hence, I don't think I have any chance of getting my GC atleast for the next few years.

But, I am likely to get my Canadian Citizenship in the next 6 months or so. Would my priority date depend on the Canadian Citizenship or the Country of birth?

Please point to any links as I was not able to successfully search anything related to this topic in this forum.

Thanks

I live in Canada and my Green card is being processed by my US based employer. Currently, the dates have retrogressed to 2000 and hence, I don't think I have any chance of getting my GC atleast for the next few years.

But, I am likely to get my Canadian Citizenship in the next 6 months or so. Would my priority date depend on the Canadian Citizenship or the Country of birth?

Please point to any links as I was not able to successfully search anything related to this topic in this forum.

Thanks

if you are married and your spouse was born in a non-retrogessed country, i think you can use cross chargebility. Gurus, am i correct?

GC recd- June 07