Prior/Past Due Years Tax

If at all possible go file your taxes at a local IRS office. Ask them if they can stamp received your extra copies. You will need the original for for them to keep and an extra copy for you.

If you had nothing to report, use the Form 1040-EZ. See attached.

FYI - even if no need to file tax returns, it is advisable to file. If a return is not file they can audit that year anytime. If you file (even with -0-), you shoudl be protected under the Statue of Limitation of 3 yrs.

:)

Thanks a lot Cregan,

So if I file these now, will it hold for the IO that I had filed taxes for those years 2006 and 2007. I would be filing these with income "0" as I am a student.

Do the local offices accept past due tax returns. The IRS website says to mail them into Atlanta.

I don't know that it will hold for IO. I would get it stamped from IRS. If the IRS doesn't want to, let them know it's for USCIS. They should get it stamped. Once a return is filed at a local IRS office, it is the date of filing on record. I am assuming it shold be ok. I would also include in your USCIS documents a memo explaining why you didn't file previously and put a copy of your transcripts showing the years of attendance.

Forum: Anyone with input on this? :)