PrinceofDarknes.......opportunity

liftkarade

Registered Users (C)
I feel bad of what you are going through. However, if you want to change your employer and continue to work with the same client it is possible. If you are on h-1b visa you can transfer your h-1b and continue to work, if your I140 or I485 is filed and 180 days has been passed you can switch the sponsor the employer and if an RFE issued you can send new h-1b transfer employer documents. I know very good employer he sofar is nice with all his employee and can help you or someone need to transfer h1b. you can send your information to this e-mail if you are interested to transfer. it2003hire@yahoo.com good luck

My question was not immigration, but law related

I know very well that from immigration point of view this is not a problem at all, one can easily switch employer, provided he found one.
The problem is that in most body shops they have statement in contract that the employee can not work for client after at least 1 year after the assignemnt is over. My question was : is it possible to violate this statement and not get into legal trouble.

Re: My question was not immigration, but law related

Originally posted by PrinceOfDarknes
I know very well that from immigration point of view this is not a problem at all, one can easily switch employer, provided he found one.
The problem is that in most body shops they have statement in contract that the employee can not work for client after at least 1 year after the assignemnt is over. My question was : is it possible to violate this statement and not get into legal trouble.

I didn't read your previous, original posting. From what you said, right now, I think you still have a way out. If your client is willing to hire you directly, then tell your client if they can waive off the non-compete clause with your current employer who obviously is a vendor to the client. The vendor may be wiliing to do that to save his face with the client.
If you are trying to change the vendor within the same client, it will be impossible under this clause and the client cannot help you in this.
Hope this helps.

addtionally

Your employer may let you go if they get some finders' fee from the client. If the client needs you, then this could be a way you could work around the situation.