Primary I 485 Approved, dependent waiting...

jms_gc

Registered Users (C)
I got the magic email yesterday.

PD 05/22/2002
RD 02/25/2003
AD 05/09/2005

EB3
India
Changed company using AC21 on Feb 18 2005.

Filed I 485 for my wife on 07/10/2004, waiting for her approval.

I know I have to get InfoPass appointment, I think it is 797C. Do I need to wait for approval notice or can I just make the appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Yes you can go on & schedule an infopass appointment (of course allow 4-5 days for the approval letter to arrive). You can always cancel and reschedule for a later date, if the letter is delayed. I have just rescheduled mine for the next week.

jms_gc said:
I got the magic email yesterday.

PD 05/22/2002
RD 02/25/2003
AD 05/09/2005

EB3
India

Filed I 485 for my wife on 07/10/2004, waiting for her approval.

I know I have to get InfoPass appointment, I think it is 797C. Do I need to wait for approval notice or can I just make the appointment.

jms_gc said:

jms_gc,
I am in a similar situation as yours...it will be helpful for me if you can share the details about how to get the AC21. what all documents you will need and what are the major concerns that I should be careful about.
thanks.

I submitted an employment letter from the new company. Basically, my attorney drafted a letter - word by word match to my labor certificate ( of course she charged huge for it)

I think she had a covering letter too.

Let me know if you need more info.

I140 copy?

jms_gc said:
I submitted an employment letter from the new company. Basically, my attorney drafted a letter - word by word match to my labor certificate ( of course she charged huge for it)

I think she had a covering letter too.

Let me know if you need more info.

Did you have to get copy of I140 approval? Did you have any issues with your former employer?

Same here

My 485 RD is 02-03-03

Myself and daughter approved. Wife still pending.

I got an RFE for employment, daughter got RFE for medicals. No RFE for my wife.

Does anyone know what is a good time to schedule an infopass appointment for the chicago office? I tried all day yesterday and could not get through.

thanks,

Yeap .
Central Time
Just keep in mind that the first available date will be exactly 2 weeks away.

Take care