Primary I-485 approved , dependent pending

My case was approved 2/23/05, got stamped, and the Card. Still waiting for spouse's 485 approval.

You never know how long it'll take to get spouse's case to get approved, so no need to wait, just go ahead and stamp pp.

Great News,

My wife's 485 got approved today.
This is really fast! I sent the expedite request last week and I got the approval this week.

Good Luck Guys.

manib04 said:
Great News,

My wife's 485 got approved today.
This is really fast! I sent the expedite request last week and I got the approval this week.

Good Luck Guys.

Do you think the expedite request is effecitive?

Congratulations, manib04!

Do you know the requirements to have an expedite request? In another word, can I send an expedite request for my wife's case? My case was approved two months ago.

Thanks!

lc140485 said:
Congratulations, manib04!

Do you know the requirements to have an expedite request? In another word, can I send an expedite request for my wife's case? My case was approved two months ago.

Thanks!

Sure you can. Please look at my previous postings in this thread, I have posted a sample letter and the fax#.Good Luck.

I had sent an email to FBI about name check on October 15, 2004. I got a reply on April 22, 2005, saying that my husband's name check was completed and the results were sent to USCIS on April 21, 2005.

Hopefully, this means we will hear something about his case soon :)

LC_Virginia.

New here..

I just got to this forum today. My I485 as the primary applicant was approved on 4/22/05, but my husband is still pending. No change in message since FP received message. When I talked to my lawyer, I was told to wait for a month or so before requesting information about his case. How long should I ideally wait before sending an expediate request?

Anya4ever said:
I just got to this forum today. My I485 as the primary applicant was approved on 4/22/05, but my husband is still pending. No change in message since FP received message. When I talked to my lawyer, I was told to wait for a month or so before requesting information about his case. How long should I ideally wait before sending an expediate request?

I got approved on 4/21, but my wife did not.
I already did an expediate request on last Saturday.
I think that there is no reason you hesitete to do that.

Thanks BRFA,
but dont I have to send a copy of my I485 approval notice with the expediate request?

BRFA said:
I got approved on 4/21, but my wife did not.
I already did an expediate request on last Saturday.
I think that there is no reason you hesitete to do that.

Hi
My understanding is that the “expedite request” is for the “ age out “ cases.
If you submitted your I-485 after may 2004 (current processing date) and your case is not “age out”, what is the reason for asking it?
Is there any chance that we can ask for that just because our dependent case is not approved?

I don't think you will get a penalty when you make the expediate request. Moreover all you have to do is that write a letter and
FAX. It is so easy. no need lawyer.
If it works, you are lucky. If it does not work, it does not matter.
That is why I did.

My wife's (primary) 485 was approved two days ago but mine is still pending. Well, two days are not a very long period of time. So I am happy to wait.

docaj said:
My wife's (primary) 485 was approved two days ago but mine is still pending. Well, two days are not a very long period of time. So I am happy to wait.

Please stay this thread and share your information.

Hi, Dazzling:

From you messages, seems like you filed MTR without any USCIS FORM (I assume it should be I-290A which I can not find), just a plain letter, I wonder how do you track the MTR ? If USCIS decide it to reopen your case, it will be reflected in your I-140/I-485 online status ? Thanks,

I dont know if anyone else has had similar exp but would like to know what to expect.

My 485 (primary) was approved on 1/20/05 and my wife's 485 case is still pending. I had gone to the local Houston office and inquired abt her case and the officer sent an email to TSC on 4/27/05. Today (5/10/05) I got a phone call from the officer in Houston office that TSC informed her today that the email she sent has been forwarded internally at TSC.

has this happened to someone else before? what should i expect? an approval from here or an rfe or a transfer to local office or treat the same as if i had called the 800 number?

if anyone can share any of their relevant exp...i wud appreciate it.

thanks.

Name check

My 485 approved on 05/04/2005. Spouse's is pending.On verify with USCIS customer rep said, name check is pending from FBI.

Can some one please guide how to contact FBI (phone number) to check the status

Thanks

weired

My I485 has been approved last month, and already got Passport stamp.
My wife's I485 is still pending.
However, today, my I485 was approved again!
USCIS website says "This case has been approved. On May 10, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. "
Nothing changed on wife's case.
I hope USCIS made a mistake between my case and wife's case and fix it tomorrow.

Primary approved twice...

Same is the case in my situation too..i already have my plastic card in hand. My wifes case is pending ..i received an email saying that my case is approved on May 12th..hope that approval is for my wifes case

BRFA said:
My I485 has been approved last month, and already got Passport stamp.
My wife's I485 is still pending.
However, today, my I485 was approved again!
USCIS website says "This case has been approved. On May 10, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. "
Nothing changed on wife's case.
I hope USCIS made a mistake between my case and wife's case and fix it tomorrow.