Primary I-485 approved , dependent pending

november1

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My I-485 (VSC, EB1, outstanding researcher ND I-140: March 2003) was approved on April 14, 2005. But, my spouse I-485 is still pending. Is anyone else in the same situation? Any suggestions….
November 1
I-140 AD: November 2004
FP (primary and dependent): March 22, 2005
LUD (primary and dependent): March 30, 2005 (FP received)
Primary AD: April 14, 2005
Dependent: pending…….(FP received, bla, bla)

Kinda similar...but got dependent's approval first....

waiting for mine still...as per VSC my name check is still pending...yours may not be the same situation though...

s24 said:
waiting for mine still...as per VSC my name check is still pending...yours may not be the same situation though...

how to check the name check pending or not ? Do i have to Call VSC for that ?

And what stage we have do this ? can you guys through some light on this please ..

see my signature below ..

Im not sure when i should expect my 485 ?

I see that I am not alone in this mess. Did you call the VSC and ask for the reason why is the dependent approval is still pending?
I called my lawyer, he told me that I have to wait for 1 month and then we can call them? Any comments....
november 1

We were in a similar situation two years ago. My husband received his GC April of 2003 but there was no change in my online status. He had been FP'ed once, while I already had three FPs (because they said there was a problem reading my fingerprints). Finally in May/June of 2003, we went to the local INS office to make an inquiry (at that time we lived in MD so we went to Baltimore) and it turned out my papers were already there, ready for processing, but they were "waiting" for the papers of my primary applicant. I told them he already has his GC! The officer looked at me for a long time then said "It's a good thing you came here, then!" Otherwise, apparently, my papers would have languished there as they had filed it away while waiting for my husband's papers!

So your case may be totally different but just in case, I do encourage people to make inquiries when the primary applicant has been approved and the dependent is still waiting.....

pegh said:
We were in a similar situation two years ago. My husband received his GC April of 2003 but there was no change in my online status. He had been FP'ed once, while I already had three FPs (because they said there was a problem reading my fingerprints). Finally in May/June of 2003, we went to the local INS office to make an inquiry (at that time we lived in MD so we went to Baltimore) and it turned out my papers were already there, ready for processing, but they were "waiting" for the papers of my primary applicant. I told them he already has his GC! The officer looked at me for a long time then said "It's a good thing you came here, then!" Otherwise, apparently, my papers would have languished there as they had filed it away while waiting for my husband's papers!

So your case may be totally different but just in case, I do encourage people to make inquiries when the primary applicant has been approved and the dependent is still waiting.....

Thanks for this piece of information. So when did you get approve.??

Thank you Pegh
I live in Baltimore , too
But, our I-485 was not transfered to Baltimore. Did you ever receive a massage that your file was transfered? Or did you call VSC first?
Thanks
November1

Jaisharma_99: The main reason our files got separated was because of my fingerprint problems. I ended up having to be interviewed and had a name check with local authorities (we were directed to a local office there in Baltimore after my interview). My interview was in Fall of 2003 (maybe September or so) and then because of the additional name check to make up for the inability to read my fingerprints, there was further delay. I got my GC in the mail in January of 2004.

I think that if our files had been separated for reasons that did not involve my needing extra processing, I probably could have gotten the GC much earlier.

november1: I did get a notice in the mail that my case had been transferred to Baltimore. I can't remember now whether that notice came with, before, or after my third FP notice. So far, I have to say that we had a reasonably good experience at the Baltimore INS (at least in 2003-2004, when we went there a few times to make inquiries and so forth). My lawyer, who went with me to the interview, is based in Ohio and he commented that the lawyers in their office feel Baltimore is one of the "better" local offices. So if it is not terribly inconvenient for you, you may want to try to go there to make an inquiry. I don't know how much things have changed....when we went there in the mornings, the wait was not so bad (I was once in and out, with a response to my question, within an hour).

Good luck to both of you!!!

I am the primary applicant, and I got my approval on DEC 28, 2004.
My husband is still awaiting approval.

After several attempts, I finally managed to talk to a VSC agent instead of one of the useless customer service reps, and came to know that my husband's security checks have not been completed (I am assuming this means name check).

I had also requested my senator to find out what's happening, and got the same reponse from him, stating that my husband's case is pending security checks.

Don't know when that will clear and when he will get his approval !!

pagh: thank you for your respond. I am happy that your I-485 was finally approved.

LC Virginia: I am sorry to hear that. I am really afraid that my husband may be in the similar situation.
Can I call VSC as a primary applicant (or that can be done just by applicant personally (my husband) or lawyer?)
I am just wondering, does your husband have the massage: FP received on..bla,bla,bla....
I will let you all know if/when something change in his case.
november1

Yes, the message on my husband's case is the same as yours, about FP results being received on November 16th 2004.

Some of the representatives will not talk to you and ask that the applicant call them. I think I got lucky in that I spoke to a very helpful and friendly lady who gave me the information about my husband's security check pending.

Also, I don't know how far it is true, but I have seen several cases here in these boards where the dependent's case is delayed when the primary applicant is the woman and the dependent is the husband. When the husband is the primary, normally (again, there are exceptions) both get approvals within reasonable time difference of each other.

november1 said:
Hi

My I-485 (VSC, EB1, outstanding researcher ND I-140: March 2003) was approved on April 14, 2005. But, my spouse I-485 is still pending. Is anyone else in the same situation? Any suggestions….
November 1
I-140 AD: November 2004
FP (primary and dependent): March 22, 2005
LUD (primary and dependent): March 30, 2005 (FP received)
Primary AD: April 14, 2005
Dependent: pending…….(FP received, bla, bla)
I got approved 12/17/2004 .. my spouse is still pending. We applied for her EAD, we got it. We have now applied for her AP in the hope that they will approve her 485. As of October 2004 her name check was pending. After that FBI has not replied to any of our emails ... so we do not know if her name check is complete or not. We initiated an inquiry and were told that the case is pending security checks (aka name check). VSC processing dates are past her receipt date, so nothing else to do but wait ...

LC_Virginia said:
Yes, the message on my husband's case is the same as yours, about FP results being received on November 16th 2004.

Some of the representatives will not talk to you and ask that the applicant call them. I think I got lucky in that I spoke to a very helpful and friendly lady who gave me the information about my husband's security check pending.

Also, I don't know how far it is true, but I have seen several cases here in these boards where the dependent's case is delayed when the primary applicant is the woman and the dependent is the husband. When the husband is the primary, normally (again, there are exceptions) both get approvals within reasonable time difference of each other.
I am the primary applicant, I got approved on 4/14/2005, but my husband's case is still FP received message.

Guys,

Last week we faxed a letter to expedite the processing of pending I-485 for my wife.

Yesterday I got a letter form USCIS stating

"A review of our records indicates that your file was forwarded to an offsite facility.
Your file has been requested and we will review and update our systems as soon it arrives. You will receive a notice of action shortly after the file arrives. Please allow 30 to 60 days for receipt of this notice."

Hi Manib04
I am sorry but I don’t know anything about the possibility to “expedite the processing of pending I-485”.
Can you tell us more about your and your wife case (when it was filed and approved) , where did you fax your letter, and how did you rationalize your request.
Thank you for this information
Good luck to you and your wife
November 1

november1 said:
Hi Manib04
I am sorry but I don’t know anything about the possibility to “expedite the processing of pending I-485”.
Can you tell us more about your and your wife case (when it was filed and approved) , where did you fax your letter, and how did you rationalize your request.
November 1

My I-140(EB3) ,I-485 and my wife's 485 was filed in 07/07/2003. Labor PD 11/27/2001.
All my petitions were denied in Nov 2004 (Ability to pay issue) .
We appealed the decision with additional evidence(UN is the key person) on 01/20/2005.
My I-140 and I-485 got approved on 03/25/2005 and 03/29/2005.
Based on these facts wrote a letter to the address below(Make sure to mention "EXPEDITE REQUEST" on the envelope) and faxed the same letter to 802-527-4816.
Also I heard that they will respond to your request within three days.

Director of the Office/Immigration Officer
U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
ATTN: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St.Albans
VT 05479

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Expedite Request to reopen I-485 (EACXXXXXXXXXX) for me (Secondary Applicant)

My husband’s petitions for I-140 (EACXXXXXXXXXX), I-485 (EACXXXXXXXXXX) and my I-485 (EACXXXXXXXXXX) was denied on Nov 22,2004. We appealed the decision with additional evidence and the petitions for I-140 and I-485 for my husband got approved on 03/25/2005 and 03/28/2005 respectively.
I would like to kindly request your office to reopen my I-485 (EACXXXXXXXXXX).
I am faxing you copy of my I-485 receipt notice and the approval copy of my husband’s I-485 along with this letter requesting to expedite the processing of my pending I-485.

I hope this gives you an idea.

Good luck.

november1 said:
Hi Manib04
November 1

Check this out.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=169208

Passport stamp

Everyone get a passport stamp alone? Or, wait for dependent's approval then get stamps at same time?
Which is better?

BRFA said:
Everyone get a passport stamp alone? Or, wait for dependent's approval then get stamps at same time?
Which is better?

I got mine stamped. Waiting for wife's 485 approval.