Primary I-485 approved , dependent pending

november1

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My I-485 (VSC, EB1, outstanding researcher ND I-140: March 2003) was approved on April 14, 2005. But, my spouse I-485 is still pending. Is anyone else in the same situation? Any suggestions….
November 1
I-140 AD: November 2004
FP (primary and dependent): March 22, 2005
LUD (primary and dependent): March 30, 2005 (FP received)
Primary AD: April 14, 2005
Dependent: pending…….

We are on the same boat, My (primary) I485 approved on 4/14/2005, my spouse's message still is FP received.

I am in the same situation. However all my petitions got denied in the first place( Ability to pay issue). Filed MTR/Appeal and got my I-140 and I-485 approved. But my wife's 485 is still pending.
My question is Is she out of status because 485 got denied and she doesn't have H4. ( 485 denied on Nov 22 2004 and its less than 180 days)
We have filed H4 asked to reinstate the status from Nov 22 2004 and waiting for the approval.

My concern is why they didn't reopen my wife's petition ? Do USCIS really check for status for the secondary 485 applicant ?

Four of our five families members were approved on 03.02.05. My sons case is still pending. We've contacted the TSC two times regarding a separated case and both times we were told they would send a note to the supervisor. Still waiting to see the results of that.

Regards

Rav

I see that I am not alone in this mess. Did you call the VSC and ask for the reason why is the dependent approval still pending?
I called my lawyer, he told me that I have to wait for 1 month and then we can call them? Any comments....
november 1

My lawyer has been calling TSC every 2 weeks. (That's what they told her to do if there was no change in status).

No reason was given in our son's case. All they said was "yes, it sure looks like it was separated". (well, duh ! )

Regards

Rav

Guys,

Last week we faxed a letter to expedite the processing of pending I-485 for my wife.

Yesterday I got a letter form USCIS stating

"A review of our records indicates that your file was forwarded to an offsite facility.
Your file has been requested and we will review and update our systems as soon it arrives. You will receive a notice of action shortly after the file arrives. Please allow 30 to 60 days for receipt of this notice."

which number are you using?

i'm in the same boat. could you share the number that you use to fax your request? what did you write in the fax?

primary not approved, secondary approved

I am n the same boat. Primary, my husband has not yet received his approval.
I got approval on April 29.

Could you please give the fax number and the message that you sent please. I could not find in the link that u've given.

Thanks

I sent my fax to (214)962-2632.

A further note to our case. We did receive a letter from the USCIS on 04/25 stating that the expedite request was denied. There was a handwritten note on the letter that my sons name check was still pending. Since he was under 14 when we first filed our I-485, I fear that he has fallen into the "USCIS never submitted the name check, but are still waiting on the results anyway" problem that I've read about. Now myself and my lawyer are trying to get them to determine if they've even sent the request. We're from Canada and have a very unique last name. So there's no way that they received a "hit" on the name.

I also have a name check status inquiry pending with the FBI. I hear though that it's taking months for them to respond to inquiries.

Regards

Rav

My I485 in EB1 category is also approved, but not my husband's. Even my lawyer has asked to wiat for 1 month before starting enquiry. I wonder if this is a standard time frame to wait for. Can I enquire before that also?

november1 said:
I see that I am not alone in this mess. Did you call the VSC and ask for the reason why is the dependent approval still pending?
I called my lawyer, he told me that I have to wait for 1 month and then we can call them? Any comments....
november 1

Anya4ever,

u can inquire sooner but moer than likely USCIS rep will give u the same standard answer which is wait 30 days.

so just wait it out till then and who knows maybe your spouse's approval may come along by then.

good luck

Fax No for tSC

Hi All,

Can anybody give me the Fax # for Texas Service center to send the expidite requests?

Thanks

my wife (primary) was approved a week ago. Mine LUD is still the day my fingerprint was taken. Looks like this is a very common situation. Sigh. Just hope I can get my 485 soon.

I dont know if anyone else has had similar exp but would like to know what to expect.

My 485 (primary) was approved on 1/20/05 and my wife's 485 case is still pending. I had gone to the local Houston office and inquired abt her case and the officer sent an email to TSC on 4/27/05. Today (5/10/05) I got a phone call from the officer in Houston office that TSC informed her today that the email she sent has been forwarded internally at TSC.

has this happened to someone else before? what should i expect? an approval from here or an rfe or a transfer to local office or treat the same as if i had called the 800 number?

if anyone can share any of their relevant exp...i wud appreciate it.

thanks.

I am also in the same boat.
My 485 got approved on 02/02/05 amd my wife's 485 case is still pending. I called the 1-800 number and the lady told me that my wife's namecheck is pending. We did mail to FBI regarding the name check a month ago and no reply from them yet.
I don't know whats happening.

praytx said:
I dont know if anyone else has had similar exp but would like to know what to expect.

My 485 (primary) was approved on 1/20/05 and my wife's 485 case is still pending. I had gone to the local Houston office and inquired abt her case and the officer sent an email to TSC on 4/27/05. Today (5/10/05) I got a phone call from the officer in Houston office that TSC informed her today that the email she sent has been forwarded internally at TSC.

has this happened to someone else before? what should i expect? an approval from here or an rfe or a transfer to local office or treat the same as if i had called the 800 number?

if anyone can share any of their relevant exp...i wud appreciate it.

thanks.

gc_please,

i sent an email to fbi for my wife's name check on 1/20/05...still no response...incidentally, i had sent an email to fbi for my name check in 11/04 for which i did get a response in 2/05 (after my 485 approval).

good luck

Primary I-485 approved Feb 04... still waiting for dependant

Hello,
My wife's I-485 was approved February 2004, she had filed it March 2002. We got married later and I filed as a dependent in Jan 2003. I am still waiting to hear a decision on my case.

Surprised to see current dates in June 2004! while my Jan 2003 case is still pending. Also, can someone explain what is "retrogression" and does this affect my case?

Regards,
whowhome