Primary Approved Son pending.

eig420

Registered Users (C)
Gurus out there!!
Its almost a month I have been approved and till this date my son's case is pending. He is 15 yrs old and completed FP on March 04. I'mm worried how long does it take for approval. Any one in same suitation. CAn anyone advise.

I'mm have still not done my stamping. Should I wait for his approval. If I go for stamping , should I take my son and inquire about his case at Federal Plaza. Has anyone gone thro this suitation. Pls help. thanks in advance....

You should stamp your passport. You can take your son as well to federal plaza. Since you are approved eventually he will also get green card. Please post your details as well.

I'm in the same boat.

I have 4 kids.

2 youngest, both have their Greencards (Got them ahead of me in Sept, they had their cards before I was stamped)
My wife and I got our cards on Friday.

My two oldest are waiting.
The oldest got an RFE she needed to sign the applications. I signed the original ones.
The next one just went for fingerprinting. He was < 14 when we applied but is > 14 now.

I'm not worried yet.
Thier AP's will expire in April, so I'll have to do something soon or they will not be able to travel

I am in the same sitution, have 4 kids.

The young ones were 1+ and 7+ when applied. They are now 3+ and 9+. Both got welcome notice dated Nov 20, 04. Both received their Greencards in the mail yesterday.

Me and spouce and one kid (14+ when applied also got finger printed earlier) are scheduled for PPS on Friday.

The other kid was 12 when applied and just completed 14 has not received any approval and the status on website is 2 years old.
Questions for experts
1) why it is taking longer for this kid to be approved 2) A green card will be issued or a finger printing notice will be issued.
Question for 3LC's NoGC
How long it took for your's 14 now to get the FP notice after approval of your all other fammily members?

My child who turned 14 after we applied....

Got his first FP notice a couple weeks after we were stamped.
I have no idea if the events were related. I suspect not. His LUD date has NOT changed post FP, which is different than I saw for my ohter cases.

I think he will take the longest. If there is no movement in the next month or so, I will have to apply for his 3rd AP. If I have to do that, I will escalate and gripe to whoever will listen. I think BCIS may respond to the griping becuase it's just plain embarassing to have multiple family members who applied all at the same time in different stages. He obviously qualifies since his siblings have already been approved. If it's a security check, he has been in the country for 6 and half years, it seems a little late to be finding out if he's dangerous.

If they take another 6 months, He will turn 16 and I may get an RFE to get his signature on the applications.

3LC's
Now 4 GC's, 1 RFE, and a AP :)

My INS/BSIS aplication file has filled up and entire bankers box and I'm on my second. I have submitted more than 4 feet of paperwork to the INS/BCIS. Mind boggling.

Thanks 3LC's NoGC

Means the kid has to go for FP as an adult:
1. Wait for FP notice in mail
2. Go for FP on the sceduled date
3. Wait for FP results clearance and resumption of process
4. Wait for approval
5. Wait for receipt of approval notice in mail
6. Schedule an infopass
7. Go for PP stamping
8. Wait for GC receipt

Back to square one.

Not quite

Almost correct, You missed two steps:

-Turn 16 while waiting, so you get an RFE because the child did not sign the forms.
-Respond to RFE

How many more are there with parents approved and kid(s) pending? please post for a follow up of the progress towards Kid(s)' GCs.

Same here

I have 2 sons....12 & 15 yrs. Me, my husband and my younger son have been approved on Nov. 23rd, 2004. My younger son even got his green card yesterday and we r going for PPS tomorrow, but my older son has the same old message which is 2 yrs old saying your application was recd. on Jan. 25th, 2003 though he did fingerprinting in July, 2004.
I think all of us r in the same boat.

Neeta
How old was your son when you applied and when he was finger printed? Do they ask for FP of kids younger than 14 years?

It seems that there are two situations

(a) kid 14 or older who has already been finger printed is waiting for the approval while his parents got approvals

(b)kid who was 12 or less when applied and never finger printed is waiting for approval or PF notice? while the parents got approvals.

Let us also post the progress in each situation as and when made.

Hi Rssueu,

My older son was 13 yrs old when we applied for I 485 and he was 2 months away from being 15 when he was fingerprinted. My younger son, who got his green card, was 10 yrs old when applied for I 485 & is now 12.

Count me

My daughter who was 13 when we applied I -485, is now 15+. Her FP1 is scehduled for Jan 20, 2005. As mentioned by others I may have to go through RFE for signature when she turns 16.

Thanks Neeta

Mine has just completed 14. Hope our PPS tomorrow triggers issuance of GC to the kid.........wishful thinking.

Hi Sdmudi, did the primary (parents of the kid) received approvals? PP stamped? GCs Received? Please post you dates. when did the kid got FP notice? Other family members got approvals?

Same here

Me and my wife got approved on Dec 3rd and going for stamping on 17th. While my younger daughter who is 7 got approved and the message chagned to 'card ordered', my elder daughter who is 14 when applied and turning 16 on 11th has not got the approval yet. All three of us went for the finger printing on the same day. Let us keep this thread alive and post the updates.

I am in the same boat!

I and my wife get approved Sept. 2, 2004, but not my son. When we apply, my son is less than 14. Now he is over 14, and will turn into 16 next year. I just got an email said USCIS had mailed a RFE to my son, but don't know what is it for yet. I will post the content when it is arrived.

It seems to me that filling policy regarding minor does not taking into account the lengthy time from application to approval. It generate a lot of un-necessary RFE/extra works, and wasted much time for both the petitioner and the Immigration officer.

The general observation is: If kids get over 14 but less than 16, they need to do the FP. If kids get over 16, they need to sign by their own signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the time line? Questions for Gurus:
When a kid is under 14, no FP required?
Kid turns 14, FP notice is issued?
Kid turns 16, RFE is issued for I-485 to be signed by the kid, adult by then?

Whatever, as suggested by Bonded_Labourer let us keep this thread alive and post the updates.

Question for flingtiger, was your son ever finger printed if so, when?

Does USCIS issues FP notice automatically when child becomes 14 yrs..?

I have a quick question for you guys...
Does USCIS issues FP notice automatically when child becomes 14 yrs..? Or we have to fill up the forms, pay $50 ?..and wait for receipt notice, wait for FP notice..etc..?

My child was 12 yr 7 months when we applied I-485 but looking at new development of "Retrogession", I dont think he will be approved before he turns to be 14 yrs on March 2005..!

Now, whether I should ask my lawyer to file FP papers for my child by March 2005 when he becomes 14? Or should I wait for USCIS to invoke FP notice automatically? I dont think USCIS will do FP free of charge!!! How did it work for you guys?

pl share your experience...Thanks in advance

Ressueu...let us keep this thread alive and post the updates.

malia said:
I have a quick question for you guys...
Does USCIS issues FP notice automatically when child becomes 14 yrs..? Or we have to fill up the forms, pay $50 ?..and wait for receipt notice, wait for FP notice..etc..?

My child was 12 yr 7 months when we applied I-485 but looking at new development of "Retrogession", I dont think he will be approved before he turns to be 14 yrs on March 2005..!

Now, whether I should ask my lawyer to file FP papers for my child by March 2005 when he becomes 14? Or should I wait for USCIS to invoke FP notice automatically? I dont think USCIS will do FP free of charge!!! How did it work for you guys?

pl share your experience...Thanks in advance

Ressueue...will you respond to my above query..?

Thanks in advance..

My lwayer sent in the $50 for the FP

When my son turned 14 the lawyer sent in the FP form and fee.
It was 16 months later we got the FP notice.
I did not get the FP notice until after I had been approved and stamped.

I have no idea what triggered the FP notice.

No approval yet for the kid. What about status?

Any update guys? Still no approval for my daughter who truned 16 this dec. When we went for the stamping at philly, we enquired about her case, but no useful information other than 'Yes you have to wait' reply.

Now here is my question: Please help.

My daughters I 94 expired on 25th Feb. Should we apply for renewal of H4 again? Since she is already in adjustment of status, does she need one? If she doest get the H4 extended, does she goes out of status?

I am confused. Please help