Primary approved, secondary transferred to Chicago

merovingian

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,
Did any of you had this kind of situation. I assume my case is still in NSC. Do I need prepare myself for interview also? Kind of does not make sence. Why didn't they just send both our cases to Local Chicago office? :confused:
How is the interview scheduling these days in Chicago? 3 months or so?
Thanks for you help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing how long case can be stuck in local office, we filed Employment Permit application on 4/14/06. Before filing, I called to NSC(I am positive I got trasferred there from USCIS customer service). I asked the officer where should we file the I-765 application. He said NSC. Well month later the case was transferred to Chicago district office. Wasted time!
What can I say, absurd! Sometimes I feel the people working there are not very "bright".

I may be in the same boat. My wife's (primary applicant) 1-485 got approved on 05/09/06. I have not heard anything on my application submitted at the same time, including RFEs.
I am currently on EAD that is expiring on August 31. Thus if I am transferred to local office, I may not enough time to continue with my employment!!

in the same boat

primary approved but dependent called in for an interview at local office
and the officer had asked for more documents at the time of interview , sent in the docs the very next day and have not heard back yet. in the mean time EAD got expired .

Hey, I have an update for my case. We transferred to San Francisco (job transfer after I got my GC - same company though). So on July first we filed the request to transfer the case from Chicago to SF. The case got into SF at 7/21/2006. Since then I was checking everymonth with local office (infopath) about the case. finally got the letter in december about interview scheduled on 1/25/07. Letter stated what to bring: Status papers for my wife, taxes, recent payroll checks, letters from employers for BOTH of us, affidavit of support filled by me (I-134, weird since it was employment case originally), passports, pictures , bla bla bla. Had a big suitcase with me :) Letter did not require me to show up, but I did. Brought our 3.5 month baby with us - had nowhere to leave him. Anyway, to make story short that has happened:
Got assigned a very nice 50-60 year old gentelman. He smiled at the baby, asked his name etc. from that moment I knew interview will be friendly. Well in the begining baby started to cry so officer politely asked me to go into general waiting area. He also told us the main reason was to see the marriage is real, baby certainly improved our chances and he will call me if needed. My wife spent an hour! in the interview. I thought it will be much quicker. The baby during that time cried a bit, looked around suprised :) and fell asleep. I started to get nervous, but hour later my wife stepped out with the officer - talking and smiling. So I knew everything is OK, and it was. From what my wife told me later, the officer asked all the questions from I-485, asked about how we met, where we met bla bla bla. Paid attention to the B2 visa in my wife's passport (B2-F1-H1B-H1B-EAD) and kept asking if she knew she will by studing in the USA and what she told the consular when she applied for B2.
Then he took the letter and went through the checklist (what we were asked to bring). My wife gave everything they were asking. Finally, officer (per my wife) took my employment letter and verified the duties, position and salary with my case papers - now here she could be wrong. But what I know, my approved case was transferred to SF to be joint with my wife case. Now it probably will travel back to Nebraska...
So that's it.
Good luck to everybody. I will check this forum if any of you have questions...