Primary approved, dependant pending - Primary might get laid off

gcme

Registered Users (C)
There is a possibility that I might get laid off anytime soon, my case (ND: April 2003) was approved in January and my spouse's case (ND: Dec 2003) is still pending. We got married after I filled I-485.

I was wondering if anyone ever receives a RFE related to "Proof of Employment" on dependant case?

If I am unemployed while USCIS issues a RFE related to employment, will his case get denied?

Thank you for sharing your thought.

Hi,

I don't think that it will be a differences for depended if you are as a primary already approved
Did you stamped your password?

I485 EB2
RD 09/18/02
ND 10/18/02
1-st FP 11/22/02
2-d FP 08/10/04
3-d EAD 08/23/04
No RFE
AD - 09/30/04 - for me & my son
Today I received a message that card is ordered for me and my son

My husband's case still in pending status

Thanks
Elena

gcme said:
There is a possibility that I might get laid off anytime soon, my case (ND: April 2003) was approved in January and my spouse's case (ND: Dec 2003) is still pending. We got married after I filled I-485.

I was wondering if anyone ever receives a RFE related to "Proof of Employment" on dependant case?

If I am unemployed while USCIS issues a RFE related to employment, will his case get denied?

Thank you for sharing your thought.

USCIS is never going to ask for "proof of employment" for dependent's case. However, they can ask for proof for "abilility to support". Normally last year's tax return + W2 are good enough to prove that. But your never know, they can ask for recent income (hence paystubs) too. Enough bank balance and investment can be used as proof too. On the other hand, if your dependent is working fulltime and have enough income, you don't need to show any "ability to support". Just showing her income is good enough.

Lastly, this kind of RFE is very rare for empliyment based I-485. So, just relax. There is 99% chance that your dependent won't get RFE regarding this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
Thanks for all the helpful feedbacks! I feel a lot better now :)

elena1, yes, I have my passport stamped on Feb.