Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

Child Birth

Hi,
I have a stupid question which is related to this thread.

My GC is approved. My wife is still waiting for her approval.
If we are planning for pregnancy/ Child birth( since we cannot postpone certain things in life because of green card process)
what will be the status of our kid.

Does our kid a US Citizen still, when father is a Green Card Holder and Mother may be(I wish not) in Pending Adjustment of Status at the time of child birth. Does it affects our kid's citizenship.

Thanks.

My understanding is that , irrespetive of the status of the parents, any child born in the US is a US citizen... However in your case both you and your wife are in status and so the kid will surely be " born in the USA" citizen......

hope for derivative cases

my wife's case is approved at the beginning of Nov. The journey takes almost two years
case detail:

Rd Nov.26.2001
REF 05/06/2003
FP1 3/27/02
FP2 7/27/03
AD 11/14/2003
Eac020615****

the primary is approved back to 5/22/03
card received 7/14/03

Good luck to you, your derivative will be approvaed very soon.

Update

We received 3rd FP notice this week. We went to local USCIS office and was told that the 3rd fp was a mistake since we did her last FP in October.

This morning we saw on-line status message changed to "Approved" for her.

I wish all those waiting in this thread for their derivatives apporval get it soon. I share your frustration.

Still Waiting

RD Oct 2001
My Approval Apr 2003
Wife 2nd FP Nov 2003
Still waiting for wife's approval.

Its been 26 months for her case to be pending.
26 months No RFE no nothing. :mad: :confused:

And its been more than 8 months since my (primary) application got approved.

spouses case finally approved

Hello folks,

My wife's case was finally approved on Dec 30, 2003. Nice New Year gift. Like many of you this was a long suffering wait for derivative application approval. Mine was approved in Mar, a 2nd FP and 9-months later her's was done.

For AOS, a total of 2.5 yrs with RD Aug 03, 2001 for both of us.

Hang in there guys, good things eventually does reach the patient ones!!!

So, the spouse will get approval between 0 day to 8 months after primary gets approved. I thought it would take several weeks at most.

Received a letter from the Associate Director of Vermont Service Center on Friday in response to a letter i faxed to Director Pual Novak.

According to her, my wife's case does not merit expedited processing so she will get approved as and when her case gets managed.

Nov 2001 case, 8 months and more waiting after my case approved, 2 Senator inquiries and yet no luck.

She got her 3rd EAD recently and now has to go for 3rd FP on wednesday. I guess USCIS is run by a bunch of stonecold bigots who do not understand the misery they put us through.

I can only hope for some divine intervention now...but considering that it is dealing with USCIS, I think even the lord will stay away....it will give him a big migraine :D :D :D

I would also like to know. Would they still ask for primary's employment letter, etc.? Or just marriage certificate and medical record?

I faxed whole history

Thanks for the fax info.

I faxed summary of my case history, with supporting documents, 2 days ago.
Lets see if something happens.

RD 10/17/01
Self Primary approved Apr 09 2003
Wife still pending.
Wife 2nd FP done in Nov 2003

At least got a response

Hi All

As you can see from the post above this one I sent the the summary of my and my wife's case to VSC via the FAX number
802-527-4816

My wife got the response yesterday, saying they cannot consider her case for expedited process, because she does not have an "extreme situation"

At least they replied within 7 days.
That is a lightning speed if you consider how painfully slow VSC usually is.

I hope at least someone opened the case and looked at it.

Maybe they will put it in the correct queue now.

I have attached the letter I sent, and have crossed out the dates and other private information.
Please feel free to use the letter as a sample and modify it to your needs.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

One other person on this portal (I forget his ID) sent the fax like I did and got approved a week later. He also got the same response as my wife did saying they cannot consider her case for expedited process.

Hey if nothing else one more thing to try after waiting for 2.5 years

:)

This is getting really frustating for my wife now. It was in June 2003 that i got approved and she as a derivative is still waiting for her approval (Nov 2001 case).

Worse thing is that no senator or congressman can also do anything about her pending application. What are we supposed to do now? Just wait for another few years till USCIS finally awakes from their slumber and realizes their pending adjustments.

I have been using the script for a while to track EAC-02-062-51XXX cases and since Jan 13th there has been absolutely no movement of any sort. Infact the Jan 13th movement was also just the card ordered. If you go back to real approvals the last approval was Nov 11th. So basically USICS for the last five months has been just sitting on cases doing nothing. Wonder where our tax dollars are really going. :( :(

pathetic policies :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jinnah M:

Thanks for sharing your experience and I¡¦ll try it later.
BTW, how did VSC contact to your spouse?

Re: At least got a response

Originally posted by Jinnah M
Hi All

As you can see from the post above this one I sent the the summary of my and my wife's case to VSC via the FAX number
802-527-4816

My wife got the response yesterday, saying they cannot consider her case for expedited process, because she does not have an "extreme situation"

At least they replied within 7 days.
That is a lightning speed if you consider how painfully slow VSC usually is.

I hope at least someone opened the case and looked at it.

Maybe they will put it in the correct queue now.

I have attached the letter I sent, and have crossed out the dates and other private information.
Please feel free to use the letter as a sample and modify it to your needs.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

One other person on this portal (I forget his ID) sent the fax like I did and got approved a week later. He also got the same response as my wife did saying they cannot consider her case for expedited process.

Hey if nothing else one more thing to try after waiting for 2.5 years

:)

Jinnah M

I think it's depending on that officer who is dealing with our file.
I got the same reply back in Feb 2004.

Its just worth a shot

Its one more thing to try.
Not much more.

Better than nothing.

They sent a letter address to my wife yesterday saying expedited process denied.