Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved

tiger100

Registered Users (C)
Primary application approved but derivative applicant not approved. How many people people are in this situation? Folks that we in this situation and then got derivative application approved , how long did it take?

wife pending

My case Oct RD was approved on 4/9/03
Wife still pending

Contacted MA Senator Kennedy's office on 5/12/03
They were very cooperative and said they will try their best to get it expedited.

Only has been one week, will contact them again next week

My wife's case (primary)was approved on 5/9/03. Mine is still pending. RD of our case is 11/30/01.:(

I just spoke to an IIO regarding the pending derivative case. He said that all applications are processed seperately and the primary getting approved does not necessarily mean that the derivative will get approved. Which is strange because both me and my wife received an RFE and both the RFE letters were in the same mail envelope! Oh well, more waiting...

Still waiting

I am in a similar situation
My approved on - 03/04/03
Spouse still waiting.
FP Response was received on Feb 27th 2002 by INS.
FP will be expiring soon.
Still waiting..............................
Called INS Several times.
No use....Still the same old message

Wife not approved

I read yesterday on the BCIS web page that me and my two children were approved (end of a long journey!!), but my wife is still pending. Finger prints are still 3 months validity.

I assume our problem is that she has a different last name than mine, but this is just a theory.

Best luck to everyone

Spouse finally Approved

Got approved yesterday.
We were thinking of making another trip to Arlington for the 2nd FP.

RD- 9/19/01

When I went for stamping in Norfolk- We had spoken to the officer there about my spouse still waiting - They had given us a form to fill and send. My attorney sent the form, with a letter and a copy of my approval letter -
Call BCIS yesterday - the NCSC line.
They had taken all the details to send to VSC again

Finally ---

spouse not approved due to FBI security clearance, this is sth. new from Nov. 2002 and is different from FP FBI check, does anyone know how to contact FBI regarding this (not FP) check.

best wishes...

I have the same question.

I spoke to IIO this morning. She said my spouse's background check got delayed. She also said it usually took 2-3 weeks and case could get approved on same day when check is cleared. Anyone has any clue to the answer, please share. Thanks

My case (primary): RD 11/23/01 and AD 03/27/03

Let's keep the thread alive until the approval.
Herefoever, congratulations for your spouse's approval!:)
No update from me. :confused:

--Compaqdb
RD: 11/30/01
FP: 4/19/02
AD: Pending
Wife was approved on 5/9/03

In my case, I am the dependent on my husband's EB-2 application who is not yet approved. He is already approved (PP stamped on 4/16 in Baltimore, and the plastic card arrived on 5/16.)

I had to be re-fingerprinted on 4/23, not because my fingerprints had "expired" but because my prints just did not show up well on the computer thing (I was fingerprinted twice already last year). So this time they did it manually, with ink. I don't know if that is the problem as to why my case was transferred to the local office (4/1) and I'm still awaiting word on what happened with my fingerprints. Does anyone know how long a manual (ink) FP will delay processing?

somone mentioned in another thread that, in order to facilitate the process, there is a form with respect to the derivative applicant that the primary applicant can fill out when s/he goes to stamping.

what form is that?

Anybody, anynews on their derivative application? Anybody called IIO? My derivative application still pending approval.

Maybe the application is just stock in some queue (i.e., IBIS check, or simply in the mailroom ready to be typed up and to go out). Good luck!

It's me who filled out the form

When I went to Norfolk and explained our situation, they checked and said that our cases were seperated.
Then they gave me an inquiry form - Where in you can fill out the details of the existing applicant - They asked me to fill it out and sent out with the copy of my Approval letter and the Passport stamp.
I forwarded it to my attorney and she sent those with a letter to INS.
I am not sure whether it helped at all.
Because my case was approved on 03/04/03
My spouse case was approved only 05/20/03. More than 60+ days wait.........
But atleast am thankful that we didn't have to go for the second FP and stuff....