Primary 485 Approved, No info on approval letter for passport stamping

timbaktu

Registered Users (C)
Question - Primary Approved (01/05), dependent still pending. Received approval notice for primary but does not mention anything about info pass appointment or passport stamping. Can we still take an info pass appointment and get it stamped?

Any suggestions on whether to follow up on the dependent or just wait?

All the approval letter says is the following:

==========
The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing. Please do not take any action at this time. If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another notice advising you of the date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or the above metnioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days, please call this office at the number listed below.
============

Same case here

Primary approved last week. Dependent still pending. But for my case (primary) status now showing that they ordered for the new card to mail me. So should be same with your case - u should be getting card directly, now that is the procedure - no passport stamping etc..

Did u call the INS to ask about dependent visa? please reply

Ah... in our case, primary is over a week but not change in status yet. Dependant got FP notice today, which was ordered on the date of primary approval. So, I guess they should approve the dependant after the FP is done.

NoGCYet - Primary EB2 from a non retrogressed country (Philippines)

Timbaktu - any idea why they requested another FP? Did you not get fingerpritned together? Is there anything on the record of dependent that required another FP?

gc2005nyc - Not sure why they requested another set of finger prints. As far as I understand fingerprints are stored digitally, they don't really expire unless there is a disconnect in their systems.

Hope this helps

Cards

Timbaktu,
We have not received cards till now.
We got approval notice and approved date is 23-JAN-2006.

Thanks

Primary - got the passport stamped (without notice) and also got a notice for Code 2 (biometrics) fingerprinting.

Called VSC about spouse approval..

Guys,

I am in the same boat as youall.. No approval for my spouse yet. I went an extra step and called VSC Y'day. Luckily I spoke to a very friendly lady. She said that my wife's fingerprints were not received yet and the status should change once they receive them. There was an LUD on my spouse's case and mine the same day, but no change in the message. Ofcourse, all this happened within 3 days of FPs. Hence no panic...

Also, does the message "after approving your application, we ordered you a new card " mean we no longer need passport stamping. Can someone shed some light on this ?

Thanks