Primary 485 approved but dependent pending, need AP?

praytx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am the primary applicant and my 485 was approved and have already received the plastic card. My dependent was on H-4 (dependent on my H-1) but I imagine thats now invalid. We also applied for his 485 which is still pending. We need to make a trip out of US, and my question is do we need to apply for his AP? the H-4 stamp in passport is valid till April 2006.

If we dont have the AP with us, and his 485 is still pending when we return to the US, will they allow him to re-enter?

Thanks.

praytx said:
Hi,

I am the primary applicant and my 485 was approved and have already received the plastic card. My dependent was on H-4 (dependent on my H-1) but I imagine thats now invalid. We also applied for his 485 which is still pending. We need to make a trip out of US, and my question is do we need to apply for his AP? the H-4 stamp in passport is valid till April 2006.

If we dont have the AP with us, and his 485 is still pending when we return to the US, will they allow him to re-enter?

Thanks.

I believe if he has ever used EAD than travel on AP. as u are no more on H1 I believe as dependent his status is switched to 485 pending regardless using EAD, this is all my understanding. do confirm from Attorney.

Good Luck