Previous Marriage and Green card Interview-- Need Help

Deanos

Registered Users (C)
I was married with a US citizen and my spouse filled for my immigration, I received my work permit and after the work permit marriage didn't last more than 6 months we didn't divorce but start living seperately. Initially my lawyer filled all the papers like I-130, adjustment of status, work permit and etc. I think I was called for the interview but I didn't go and didn't reply to INS. After year an half I was re-married again after giving the divorce with a US citizen, my lawyer filled a new I-130 and all the paper work for adjustment of status and work permit. I recived my work permit, I didn't get a call for my Green card interview till now which is almost 3 years. I spoke to my lawyer, am I going to have any problems? he said no your case is straight forward. I have decent job, me and my spouse are living together since last three years we have all of our tax papers, bank account and family wedding pics. I want to get a second opnion if someone have been through this situation or have any information about a case like this and if they do can you please help me out and warn me for anything that I should be careful about?
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks

I went through this when I sponsored my husband for a GC. He had to show proof the first marriage was in good faith. The same type of proof you would normally have shown at the interview for that marriage. I would suggest bringing this information with you to the interview for your second marriage.

Also, make sure your did not go out of status before you filed with your second marriage.

Last edited by a moderator: