Previous employer sponsering 485; wife pregnant; Vaccination issue

Ramesh Maddipoti

Registered Users (C)
My previous employer A is willing to file my 485 though I left the company after I140. But the problem is, my wife is pregnent and she cannot have any vaccinations now that are required for filing 485. She already had MMR vaccination and hepatitis B while she was on F1 visa (an year back) etc but the question is, does she have to have the other required vaccinations.....if not...what is the alternative ? Her due date is September 29th, 2002.
Any help is greatly apprecaited.
Thanks

No Title

Don\'t worry. Apply for i-485 with medicals (yours complete, your wife\'s incomplete). In the medical envelope include a letter from your wife\'s OB/GYN. Later your wife may receive an RFE for the medicals.

In my case, my wife did get an RFE for medicals (chest X-ray). A few days after the RFE was submitted, we got our approvals.

Best of luck.

Hey qazwsx question for you

I have similar case. Did you and your wife both received RFE or just your wife? Did you both receive approvals together or did you receive it first?

Get Titer (Blood test) done

Why don\'t you get blood test done to prove she is immune and does not need any vaccine. Search this site for \'titer\' for more info.

Other vaccines

She needs Tetanus which I as far as I know can be given in pregnancy (Was given especially in India a few weeks before delivery).

If she had a chicken pox infection in her childhood, the titer is going to show her immunity, and thus she is exempted from that too.

The bubble test for TB, I guess can be performed, and if you are not unlucky, she will clear and hence need for X-ray would not arise.

That is all what is needed.
For your ready reference one needs: TB test, HIV/Syphilis (blood, urine test),
Tetanus, MMR and chicken pox vaccines, or titers for the last two.