Prevailing Wages

kkv

Registered Users (C)
My application has been returned thrice so far since they SESA office did not agree with the wages survey that my company submitted.
Is there anyone out here who has his/her labor certified with an alternate wage survey ?

Any input would be helpful.
Thank you.

No Title

Alabama-some survey called dietrich survey. I was told that that it met all the seven criteria set forth by the SESA office.
My application was filed as RIR with minimum education requirement being masters.
Thanks

No Title

I was in the same situation like you. But, my Attorney suggested to raise the wages rather than submitting the surveys. Because only 1 out of 10 suceeds in the case of rebutting the charges and that too it will drag the case for months.

Godd Luck

No Title

Try using a survey call "Watson Watt". I can remember the exact spelling but I know that this is a widely accepted survey. Thks.

No Title

Thanks.

Mike Wang-I will suggest the survey to my employer.

Miami-No way is my employer going to raise my salary by 15,000.
The position (MS or Equivalent (BS 3-5)) requires no experience in my case (have a masters) and it is not in the IT industry. It is in the manufacturing
industry and the job location is a mid-sized southern town. The amount that they want is what a person with
10 years experience makes.

All other counties in the state have the wage on my application as the prevailing wage for a Level 2 occupation.
Quite true this issue has been dragging on for the past 3 months.
The SESA office has been quite helpful though. I spoke with her friday and she said that there issues that we needed to address and
that we could provide alternate surveys to back our claims.

No Title

At what stage of the labour does one need to do the prevaling wages survey?
If the salary is much higher than prevailing wages, then does one need to do the survey at all?
How do I do the prevailing wages survey for state of Nevada?

Thank you.

No Title

You don\'t worry about that.It is only for those who get either \'NOF\' or \'RFE\' letters from DOL saying that the salary mentioned in the application is less than the minimum prevailing wages for that location.

What does level 1 and level 2 mean in the OES survey.

My salary is slightly less than the level 2, is there any problem to file EB-2

Yes

DOL wants to use Level 2 for all Labor Certifications. It is very difficult to get them to accept level 1. It is even more difficult for EB-2 filings. Sometimes DOL accepts level 2 when a masters degree and no experience are the minimum job requirements but even then it\'s difficult. I would try to get the company to agree to pay the level 2 wages when the GC is approved, after all it will be a couple years at least.

Jim

Request Prevailing wage from relavent SESA

The best way is to request the Prevailing wage from SESA for your position(There is some prescribed form for requesting that) and send in your application with that prevailing wage verification attached to your application.

Good Luck

Previaling Wage

Dear KKV,

I have same situation as you. How is your LC case now? Have you got LC certified yet? Thanks.

Zhen