Presense requirement after citizenship?

Thank you Baikal3 for sharing the info. You guys are really knowledgiable!

Personally I don't like those who cheat their way to get their US citizenships, but that is not the reason to put the whole group on trial.

co1hz said:
It seems to me that there are only 2 kinds of citizens: US born and foreign born. The former becomes citizen by birth, and the latter becomes one by choice, like most of us here. As long as we get our citizenship legally and honestly, I would not feel less proud than any natural born one (like my second son).

And the US precidency is not part of my American dream anyway...:)

No the main two ways are "natural born" and "naturalized" (like us). A child born outside the US of two US citizens (or in some cases of one US citizen) is natural born (and most people believe that child could be president). But, a strict reading of the 14th amendment makes that child somewhat different than both US born and naturalized citizens.

And, for what it is worth, it is possible to be born in the US and not receive US citizens. US born children of foreign diplomats are in this category.

co1hz said:
Personally I don't like those who cheat their way to get their US citizenships, but that is not the reason to put the whole group on trial.

Yes, I agree, however that whole thing with administrative denaturalization was quite hairy because it stomped all over a person's constitutional rights.