preparing for K3

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

A Citizen friend said that he went to India, got married, and filed all the necessary papers, in the US Embassy at Delhi instead of filing them here. So they cut the time it takes for all kinds of checks here, and the wife was able to come here within 4-5 months. True, in general?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k3forms
Found the following forms to be filed for the K3: I 129f, I 130, G 325A, I 864, DS 230.

Is it I -864 and not I-134 for the spousal visa?

It seems absurd but I might end up going to India in Apr/Sept, ready with all the papers and may follow that same route so we can reduce the time it takes the wife to enter here. any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
kaashi

The K-3/K-4 visas are reserved for the spouse and children of U.S. citizens, while the V-1/V-2 visas are reserved for the spouse and children of Lawful Permanent Residents. In order to qualify for either a K-3/K-4 visa or a V-1/V-2 visa, the U.S. sponsor must have already filed a Form I-130, Immigrant Petition on behalf of his or her relative. The K-3/K-4 or V-1/V-2 visa holders may enter the U.S. while the I-130 Immigrant Petition is pending and apply for a Green Card from inside the U.S. after the petition is approved.