Premium processing while H-1 pending

zipzap

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have my H-1B extension application pending. It was filed in April 03. My current H-1B expires on 01 Sept. I need to travel sometime in Dec. Does anyone know if I can file for Premium processing now while I have an application pending?

Thanks

Yes, its possible to convert your pending extension to premium processing case. Talk to your attorney about this.

Regardless of whether you want to travel or not, I would advise you to put your application on the premium processing.

Thanks,

>Regardless of whether you want to travel or not, I would advise >you to put your application on the premium processing.
why do you say that? I'm curious because I'm in a similar situation...

I know many people who are out of status for some time. Those people were
applied through the premium processing and got their approval in time.

I never had any out of status ....nothing should prevent me from getting the approval.
So I decided to put my application through the normal processing, it was sitting there
in the BCIS office for the last 8 - 9 months and now getting all kind of strange
questions. Now I personally feel that, spending $1000 should be fine rather than
waiting for 9 months and increasing your stress and bp :)-. But its too late for me.

Please note that, this is just my personal thought.

Thanks,

I know what you are saying. It was true atleast till sometime back. However, I gather from other messages on the forum, that premium processing seems to be converging with the normal processing now-a-days, meaning you can expect RFEs, NITDs...
To me, it seems like they are cracking down all out of status cases and are particularly harsh on "bench" cases because they have a potential for security loop hole? Also, I'm afraid they are questioning hiring people without a formal CS/CE degree for a CS/CE job. Their process sure did change in the last few months. I guess, this is one way to control the number of non-immigrants without changing laws. Personally, I don't have a problem with that if they don't delay processing cases for months at a stretch and give a leeway for a couple of months, if one loses his/her job. After all, I'm sure, most of us don't want to be in this country illegally, right.

Under Premium processing

Hi, I converted my h1b extension under premium processing and got h1b approval in 10days. This is really very good otherwise wait for 10 month and you might get any RFE.I am sending detail.

RD 05-28-2003

Converted into premium processing and approve in 10 days only matter of $1000 dollars.

Thanks
Dev

so in all, if i start applying for H1-b (premium), i will get final answer(approved or rejected) in 10-14 days?

does that include the labor clarification thingy?

also, 1 more thing, can anyone refer a good (and hopefully not so expensive) immigration lawyer in los angeles?

thanks a lot.