Premium Processing Receipt DELAY !!!

anks_25

Hi!!
So I filed for my H1-B Transfer in Premium Processing on Sep 21st (probably received by VSC on the 22nd) and still have no Receipt. I would have thought Premium Processing would have worked way faster than this. Has anyone faced a similar problem?? Please do let me know!!
Thanks

same here. my original receipt date is 18th april. I had an RFE so along with rfe response my employer sent premium processing request on 21st september. now status says that they received rfe response but nothing abt premium processing..

premium processing

Hi Guys,
I applied on APril 26th, it has a receipt date of May 9th, and since then I havent heard anything. On Friday I applied for premium processing, it reached them friday at 10.51am (thanks to fed ex tracking). I know its only been 3 days since I applied but it scares me that you guys applied a long time before me and have not heard from them. they normally get back to you in 15 working days from the day you applied. how unsual.. what are you planning to do about not hearing from them???
let me know

Got the receipt

I heard from the lawyer yesterday evening and they said they have received the receipt. So I guess it took about 11 days to get it. Unless they really didnt do it premium.

Question to Anks

Anks,

I got a question. I also applied for H1B using premium processing. What are the steps? After the application is filed, there is a receive date (day or two after filing? When does the 15 day start? From when they receive or from when they open the envelope?

Same Situation here

I applied for peremium, documents delivered at VSC on Sep 29 morning and could not get the receipt so far and no update on web site.

How do they follow,
when do they update the web site for premium processing applied displayed there first or they send the receipt or any Email.

Thanks

Dhooda, my premium application was also filed 29th morning. I have called the USCIS a number of times...spoken to different people, they say that the 15 days start after they receive it, so for me and Dhooda, 15 working days after September 29th is OCtober 19th, so we will know by then or we will qualify for a refund. Also, the employer is the one who will be notified of anything concerning the application after the premium processing papers have been given in. I also called EBIZ, the portion of the USCIS that handles premium processing, and they said the employer will be notified....before or on the 15 day deadline. I cannot sleep at night I am so freaked out. But i guess we are all going through it...so I am not ALONE!!!

Great !!

I would correct you here, 15 days means 15 calendar days not 15 working days, you are counding it 15 working days so Our 15 days will end on October 13.

Can you post the phone numbers here where you have talked to at USCIS, I have only one number that is 1866-315-5718 and theese guys have a menu if you enter your receipt number then you can talk otherwise phone disconnects. So please post here the other phone number where I can talk to some body.

Thanks for the great info.

Hi Cheryl,

I think they are going to start their countdown of 15 days only when they change ur status to "premium processing request received on so and so date".

my notice date is 2nd may. I got rfe on 22nd august. It is already too late for your case. But as far as I think, there is some problem thats why they r delaying our cases. for others with may first week receipt date, approval came long back, right?

So, you may get an RFE. or else it is possible that they r doing some background check. something in ur background may be ur area of study, previous college, etc...anything can make them feel suspicious abt u.

if they generate rfe before changing status to "premium processing(PP) request received", then in that case ur PP request wud most probably be denied. but if ur status changes to premium processing before any rfe, then in that case ur company wud get rfe by fax which is good (u gain some time).

Ask ur petitioner to contact uscis and ask abt ur PP request. My employer did this on my request.
In case of PP also, I think they do not count days between rfe generation to response received.
So, keep ur fingers crossed. u have to be after ur employer all the time.

Good luck!!

Uscis!!!

Hi guys,
Hope everyone slept well! Firstly the number for calling the USCIS and talking to someone are 1800 3755283....also pretend you cannot find your EAC number..so keep clicking accordingly....if you keep pressing the options for cannot locate EAC number, they transfer you to a customer representative....the list of numbers I had to choose after dialing the 1800 number were 122624....meaning...1 first......then listen to some message...then dial 2....then listen, etc. or i just discovered this... if you directly dial 22624, automatically your taken to a customer representative!!!!

I also asked the girl I spoke to just now, about the website not being updated, she said not to go by that....as long as you give 15 calender days after premium processing submission, they should let you know....even my laywer complained about their website, she got approval for one of her clients in the mail, but the website still said it was pending! The USCIS girl today said, 15 calender days after submission of premium processing! They should notify your employer of the receipt number, etc...or directly of the approval...I also asked the girl about RFEs and she said that since they have not generated an RFE for my case already, she doubts by case needs an RFE....gosh this is such a scary place to be in......thanks guys for being there!

Thanks cherylnaz

cherylnaz

You have lots of info man,
My PP case was rejected due to old form problem. On the I-907 from it was showing that form will expire on Sep 30 and they received my application on Sep 29 and rejected on Oct 3 but before getting all the papers back I re submitted the correct form and application and check 1000.

Still do you think, after talking to that girl that 15 Calendar days start after they
change the status on web site or the receipt date because you said they are not taking care of the web site very well now days.

I think 15 days start when they sign and receive the confirmed delivery at Vermont processing center.

Your opinion ??

Thanks for all good suggestions. One more thing the number you have given is the same for all H-1B petitions but not specific to premium processings. I have 802-527-3192 for call for premium processing but this nuber is changed to 1866-315-5718 and their menu is like that if you donot have PREMIUM processing receipt number then phone will disconnect.

Please suggest some thing on this.

thanks

Yeah...the 15 days start counting when the form is received at the VSC.....i havent talked to a specific customer service person for PREMIUM.....but i called the EBIZ place and they also said it would take 2 weeks...after talking to my lawyer today, i realised not to put a lot of hope into the phone calls....coz its just a bunch of people answering phones....not the people actually processing the forms.....I had 2 different people give me 2 different versions...they contradict eachother....so not going to rely on them wholly..
My lawyer said, in all her experiece, they have never gone beyond the 15 day deadline for premium....so lets hope for the best.....im just going to sit.....relax...enjoy my time off work...and wait for the future to unfold...I'm tired of being stressed....reached saturation point!!!! good luck to you tooo.

Hi Cherylnaz,
you have given some very useful information. I called the number you posted and the lady i talked to didnt give me any useful information. she basically said that i should follow the updates on the website, "its the most current". she told me the same thing that was posted on the website. Not much help there.
My reciept date is May 22nd
My notice date is May 26th
My petition is still pending.
As a result i applied for premium processing today. I am tired of waiting and getting frustrated. One of the other reasons why i went with premium processing is because my Canadian visa expires Nov. 15th and i need to go to vancouver before then to get the H-1 stamp.
I will keep you guys updated on my status. And please you guys do the same.
You guys are more help then immigration people for sure.....
Good luck!

Unbelievable Premium Processing Delay

Hi all: I applied for H1B using premium processing on -- believe it or not -- in June and have a receipt date of June 22... am a professor and got my university to put in the 1000.00... Vermont is doing a background check on my application (as I assume they do for everyone) and said that my application is stuck in "name check" phase of the security/background check. The university also faxed Vermont an "expedite request" stating that the delay would cause the university and me financial hardship (since I cannot begin teaching courses, getting paid, etc)... We even got the NY senator's office involved and all they could find was that it is in the final stages of the background check -- that was a month ago...

S, in my case, at least, premium processing did not make any difference... it has now been almost 4 months, and I am still awaiting a response/decision from Vermont. Has anyone else experienced this delay? Anything you did that helped?

I filed for PP on Sept 29th. All I have to prove it is the FED EX tracking number. The USCIS says they dont have my application for PP yet. From this forum I read one guys post who got an approval without a receipt number, another guy got his receipt number on the 13th day, etc. I am scared. The Check has not been cashed either and today is day 13. 2 more days left. I am concerned because my OPT grace period ends November 4th and I have read from these forums that they make you leave the country to get it stamped. Do you think I should hear by November 4th. MY original form has a receipt date of May 9th, and my PP form was sent (fed ex) on Sept 29th. So by November 4th I should hear right?? SOmone who knows please send me your reply. Your reply will help a great deal, so please reply with your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for your words.

cherylnaz, I got email today.

My PP application reached there Oct 6 and received email saying they received on Oct 10 and got email and web site updated.

So they are nnot well organized so hopefully you will get everything sorted out with in a day or two and some time they make a decison on 15th day as per their receit date a couple of days lat the application was received.
But for me Emailing them helped a lot. I sent email and the next day I get their reply that site will be updated in a couple of days.

So Good Luck and stay cool

Thanks to all

OUr packages reached USCIS the same day for the same thing....since then they asked you for a new form etc...and after all that your site is updated!! Mine is no mention of PP at all.

The emails my employer sent emails asking about my application....they all said the same thing...that they do not have my PP request file. Yours has been updated too...I am so jealous. What should I do?

My Suggestion as per experience with them

As my form was rejected and they did not inform me and then I send then a email to ask about my premium processing case and then they replied that it has been rejected and your papers are send back.

and I received my papers back on 9th Oct and /I applied on 29th Sep,
If I would have waited for the papers and then reaapplied then I would have been so late but

I send another application and a check of 1000 dollors so that they get the right form and start processing the application.

What I will suggest you, if you are really running late apply again with another 1000 dollors and they will not encash both the checks, if they already find your application in file there they will not encash this check.

Thanks

My PP case was reached there at Oct.6. No receipt so far....
My b/f's was reached there at Oct.3 and transfered to PP at Oct.5.
I have no clue to INS...