Premium Processing Question: Urgent

ludhianvi

Registered Users (C)
I checked with my attorney about premium processing for EB-1EA and this is what they wrote back:

"On the USCIS web site, it clearly says “Only if the I-140 beneficiary selects Petition Type "e" - A professional (at a minimum, possessing a bachelor's degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor degree) or a skilled worker (requiring at least two years of specialized training or experience) in Part 2. For all other petition types, the e-Filed Form I-140 is not available for premium processing.”

If you want to e-file your I-140, the form I-907 for premium processing cannot be concurrently filed."

What should I say in response to this? Reading this forum, I am sure we can do it as this is what almost everyone is doing. But, are they looking at something else? Please advice urgently as I need to talk with them about this.

Hi ludhianvi,

This is weird. I am pretty sure you can go for PP on EB1-EA I-140. Almost everyone has done it here. I don't know where you can find this info but long time back (oct-nov '06 timeframe), murthy.com published an article when PP was introduced for EB1 categories.

Your lawyer should already know this.

If you click on Services&Benefits of USCIS.GOV, there is a link "How Do I Use the Premium Processing Service?" This page shows who is eligible for filing I-907. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, found the pdf file where it says that premium processing was introduced in November 2006 for EB-1EA category. let me know if anyone needs the link.

Quick question...

My attorney has filed my EB1-EA case on my behalf. Does anyone know what information do I need from him, so that I can myself check the status online?

Thanks.