Premium processing after getting an RFE on H1B extension

gnkishore

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
Can any one please let me know if premium processing can be done for H1-Extension after you receive an RFE for H1-Extension.
I file my H1-B Extension on 17Th Sep'02 with CSC. Got RFE on Feb, 06,2003. My lawyer replied the RFE on Feb'24Th.
Can I apply for premium processsing at this stage. ???. Please share your experience with me if any of you were in the same situation.
Thanks
Kishore.

Yes you can...

We did it for my wife and got the approval in exactly 14 days. You need to send in the extra form and the extra fee. You will also get access to a new CSC call number and they will also answer your queries by email.

Originally posted by gnkishore
Hi Guys,
Can any one please let me know if premium processing can be done for H1-Extension after you receive an RFE for H1-Extension.
I file my H1-B Extension on 17Th Sep'02 with CSC. Got RFE on Feb, 06,2003. My lawyer replied the RFE on Feb'24Th.
Can I apply for premium processsing at this stage. ???. Please share your experience with me if any of you were in the same situation.
Thanks
Kishore.

You are allowed to work for 240days from the date you file for your H-1B extension. You should be hearing something from INS before end of this month. Yes, you can convert to premium processing. make sure to enclose a copy of your H-1B receipt notice along with your premium processing application

240 DAYS

Hi Vault,
I am just wondering, where did you find this 240 days limit?
My application is pending at INS since May 24th, 2002 that means I'm already exceeded this 240 days limit. If this is illegal what should I do?

Thanks in advance for your valuable information.

Varma