Pregnancy?

johan_dawson

My wife is pregnant and in her 6th month. We are applying for her mother's tourist visa for the first time. Wanted to check if it is a good idea to use pregnancy as a plea for getting the visa... or should we just say that she wants to visit us and see America, like in the usual sample letters.

Please advise... relevant examples will help.

Warm Regards,

Do not use pregnancy as reason. I have heard this will cause visa to be rejected. Consulate may see this as taking a job away from a us person (child care?). Although i do not have experience of this, all my friends (who had children) has adviced the same.

Yes. Visitor visas are strictly for TOURISM and MEETING FAMILY FOR PLEASURE. Don't breath a word extra beyond that, either during visa or at port of entry.

At port of entry if they ask your mom why she needs full 6 months, just give say a reasonable set of tourism places that she intends to go with you.

~T

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not mention anything about pregnancy. That may put the visa/entry in jeopardy.

Talkative is right on reason for 6 months stay.

johan_dawson said:
My wife is pregnant and in her 6th month. We are applying for her mother's tourist visa for the first time. Wanted to check if it is a good idea to use pregnancy as a plea for getting the visa... or should we just say that she wants to visit us and see America, like in the usual sample letters.

Please advise... relevant examples will help.

Warm Regards,

Disability insurance (pregnant) Help!...

Hi,

Have a quick question. Currently, I'm on H1 and pregnant. The baby will due Oct. Can I apply for some kind of "temporary disability" through state?
Is there any requirement to that since I'm not a US Citizen or even have a GC yet?

You are eligible for State's SDI for 6 weeks.(provided you have worked for 6 months prior to SDI)

If you are in CA, you can take additional benefit of paid Family leave for additional 6 weeks