Preemptive notification of Adminsitrative Processing

ImmiCrap

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Just wanted to share something with you all. I had booked an appointment for my first H1 stamping in Ottawa. Mind you that I am in the US and have come in to the US on two different visas previously (on J-2 and F-2). The appointment in Ottawa was for June 4th and I was hoping that even if they sent me for a background check it will not be for more than 2 months as it had never taken more than 2 months for me for clearance when I applied for the other US visas last time (the last time it was from Pakistan in 20 days)
I got a call from the embassy today saying that they were calling me regarding my appointment and that I should be aware that my Administrative processing will take at least 3 months (and it could be more) . Has anyone ever experienced this? Like getting a call even before appearing for the appointment? I am a Pakistan national who is also a Canadian PR. I am so shocked :mad:

Any thoughts?

That is indeed something I have not heard of before. I just wish I could be pre-notified of an imminent delay check prior to my Mexico visit for my H1-B visa renewal next month. That way I can reconsider going there and instead think of going to the Johannesburg consulate (I am a South African PR) for my visa renewal. The only thing that keeps me from doing that in the first place is the travel, time and costs associated with going to SA just for my visa renewal.

Jawad

Yeh well frankly, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Atleast I know now where not to go..But this is wierd indeed. Everyone I have spoke to has said that they have never heard this kinda thing.

I think most of the Canadian consulates used to do this prior to 2005 but stopped calling in advance in 2005. Maybe they are starting again.

As I said, It may turn out to be a blessing for anyone going to get a visa as they'll know what is expected in terms of time frame.

I think most of the Canadian consulates used to do this prior to 2005 but stopped calling in advance in 2005. Maybe they are starting again.