predictions for EB2 PD

lalalala

Registered Users (C)
gurus any prediction for EB2 PD , only moved to Jan 8th,2003, my PD is April 2004, just got my labor approved , thinking whether to file premium processing of 140 ( only will be helpful if the PD for EB2 becomes current)
please give your input

apply 140 now and later convert to prem processing if your pd becomes current. You will know your pd becoming current about 15 days before the start of the month and you have 1 full month for which it should stay current. It should work.

just my opinion.

Why do you need to convert 140 to PP if PD becomes current. TO apply 485 all you will need are is the 140 filing receipt. Right?

assuming, EB2 IN has reached kind of steady state at the Jan 01, 2003 point ( before that there were 6 mo movements ), my guess is 1-2 weeks per bulletin, would be the movement.

any other thoughts. ?

Just a prediction

I am guessing EB2 date would move few weeks or even a month in next bulletin as it is a new quarter if it makes any diff.

thanks for the input guys, most of you are predicting that EB2 will move 1-2weeks every time , is that based in thatfact that there are a lot of people filed around 2003 dates , so do most people think that there would be no significant movement in the next 6 months or maybe it moves from the start of the new year, how does the quota work

thats the million dollar question.

we do not know..

good scenario for EB2 IN, and eventually EB3 INDIA.

EB1 staying current ( all cat ) and EB2 ROW -- DOS finding monthly projections not reaching the 40K limit in EB1 and the 40K limit in Eb2..,
and finding out what the excess of these are .., my feel is there would
be an excess of atleast 10K in each -- making it an excess of 20K( out of the total 80K) , that will be divided amongst oversubsribed..., atleast India should get about 10K visas.., and that when equally distributed every quarter -- that is what the AC 21 law says should be done -- that will move EB2 IN atleast significantly , atleast 1-2 months each bulletin, or even more.

bad scenario.

DOS strictly giving only 2800 visas per year to EB2 and EB3, and all the excess goes unused for the year ( it will be interesting to see the 2006 nos, and 2007 nos.. to actually see what they did ).

or, all this excess goes to family based..,

or EB3 ROW ...., ( if it goes to EB3 ROW it is again not that bad, cuz atleast it will move towards current very fast , and atleast next year ( 2008 ) , these extra visas might trickle down to EB2 IN, and to Eb3 IN.

It is very hard for me to believe that IN , ch EB2 consumes only 2800 each , and the rest 34K odd visas get consumed ( even though the other catergories remain current ). by other countries.

Same way, it is very hard for me to believe that EB1 ( all 40K ) is getting consumed.

With DOS not telling how it works, and none of us ( including orgs like AILA, murthy etc ) not asking anything.., atleast we are hoping to get some clues from the jan 2007 published numbers.

I will not be surprised, if any of the above is actually happening..., but i am hoping for the good scenario. or atleast the scenario where all these excess nos from EB1 and EB2 go to EB3 ROW, so atleast there will be some hope in 2008/2009 for EB2 IN, and EB3 IN.

But we know DOS practices have been so erratic, unfair, and unaccountable and in some cases plain dumb. , so we will have to have our fingers crossed.

saras,

Does the 2005 published doc released in 2006 Jan, split the visas issued by Eb3 , Eb2 and each individual nationality ???

input

here is my situation guys , i am a physician with two processes going on.
1. NIW/140 approved /485 with PD of march2004( but it would only get approved at end of 5 years , that is in 2008 , does not matter even if the PD for Eb2 becomes current before that)
2.labor cert just got approved PD april2004 , so i can file 140 but have to wait for PD to become current before filing 485,
so if the dates become current in early 2007 its worth filing 140 for labor , otherwise in 2008 march i will anyway complete my 5 years ( and hopefully Pd cuurent by then ) and get my green card.
so the input i want ( and i know its just prediction ) is that -- is there any hope for EB2 to become current next year and if so 1st half or 2nd , then i can file 140 and wait , otherwise not waste money and wait till 2008 march.