Predict my approval date

cklein

Registered Users (C)
VSC EB2 Concurrent Filing Labor substitution

I485/140/EAD/AP ND 10/19/2004 RD 10/25/2004

AP/EAD approved.

140 AD: 03/04/2005

485 LUD 03/04, 03/07, 03/09, 03/10 last one have a status change:

On March 10, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

What's the projected approval date? I can not wait any longer. I cancelled my last GC application after 3 years of waiting, this is my last chance, and my H-1B will expire in a month!

I suggest that you don't get impatient.
It all depends on your priority date for I485.
Currently it looks like they are processing 2001 and before, haven't seen too many approvals with PD of 2002 and after, unless the applicant is from countries other than India, China and Philpns. If you're in EB3 keep track of how the retrogression progresses.
If you are from any of these countries, don't expect anything before 12-18 months after your 485 RD/ND.

nawabjee said:
I suggest that you don't get impatient.
It all depends on your priority date for I485.
Currently it looks like they are processing 2001 and before, haven't seen too many approvals with PD of 2002 and after, unless the applicant is from countries other than India, China and Philpns. If you're in EB3 keep track of how the retrogression progresses.
If you are from any of these countries, don't expect anything before 12-18 months after your 485 RD/ND.

NO, you will not be affected by this LC PD rule.

There is a chance you get approved in a month. But if you get RFE, you will have to wait a bit longer. You should be able to get GC within 6 month.

inPhilly said:
NO, you will not be affected by this LC PD rule.

There is a chance you get approved in a month. But if you get RFE, you will have to wait a bit longer. You should be able to get GC within 6 month.

Why will the LC PD rule not apply ?
I haven't seen approvals with PDs of 2002 and after, whatever you see have not been from applicants of these three countries.
My 485 RD/ND is 3/2004 with PD of 5/2002, FP done in 11/2004.
Nothing has happened yet.

nawabjee said:
Why will the LC PD rule not apply ?
I haven't seen approvals with PDs of 2002 and after, whatever you see have not been from applicants of these three countries.
My 485 RD/ND is 3/2004 with PD of 5/2002, FP done in 11/2004.
Nothing has happened yet.
Because this rule only applies to EB3 cases. He clearly stated he is EB2

You guys are mistaken.
The LC Pd rule applies to everyone, regardless of category.
That's why there is such a thing as PD.
The misunderstanding about EB3 stems from retrogression which only says they do not have visa numbers available.
But as far as processing goes, it still goes by a combination of PD/RD/ND.

I guess there is no point in discussing this because pretty much no one knows how exactly CIS works, but I am guessing only based on what I see.

That is the only evidence available.
Anyways, only time will tell.

PD is around 2000

I am not sure about my PD, but the original labor was approved in 2002, so I guess the original PD should be something around 2000.

My 140 is amazing to me, approved in 4 month, that's what give me hope that the 485 will be approved soon.

I don't agree with you. I have seen four approvals in my Company for Four EB2 cases getting approved and final Card in the past two months. They are all from India. They have their PD in late 2002 and in all cases I485 filed after
March, 2004.

nawabjee said:
You guys are mistaken.
The LC Pd rule applies to everyone, regardless of category.
That's why there is such a thing as PD.
The misunderstanding about EB3 stems from retrogression which only says they do not have visa numbers available.
But as far as processing goes, it still goes by a combination of PD/RD/ND.

I guess there is no point in discussing this because pretty much no one knows how exactly CIS works, but I am guessing only based on what I see.

That is the only evidence available.
Anyways, only time will tell.

If no RFE, Your case will be approved in 6 to 8 weeks. (Just an Estimate of what I have observed).
Also, Condition to EB2 does not get retrogress with the new Visa Bulletin. (The chances are very rare for that)
cklein said:
VSC EB2 Concurrent Filing Labor substitution

I485/140/EAD/AP ND 10/19/2004 RD 10/25/2004

AP/EAD approved.

140 AD: 03/04/2005

485 LUD 03/04, 03/07, 03/09, 03/10 last one have a status change:

On March 10, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

What's the projected approval date? I can not wait any longer. I cancelled my last GC application after 3 years of waiting, this is my last chance, and my H-1B will expire in a month!

MunnnaMobile said:
If no RFE, Your case will be approved in 6 to 8 weeks. (Just an Estimate of what I have observed).
Also, Condition to EB2 does not get retrogress with the new Visa Bulletin. (The chances are very rare for that)

I agree with MunnaMobile,.

If PD determines when I485 should be approved, there will be tons of happy people here because a lot of people have LC dated back to 2000, even 1997. If you depends too much on this date, you would be frustrated.

ND on your 485 will be a much better barometer to predict.

So in 1 month - 6 month, you would be free ...

Not neccessarily true, because there are lot of people including me EB 2 still waiting for I-485. I-140 cleared more than 6 months ago, ND for both is July 2003

It is hard to predict USCIS. My I-140 got approved in 10 days, but maybe I will wait another 2 years to get I-485 approved. Do not lose your patient cause....

2nd FP

Am I supposed to get a 2nd FP and a name check email? If this is the case, it could be a long journey.

Cklein - When did you have your first FP? I am almost on the same boat as you are, except for that I am still waiting for my 1st FP.

I guess phily and munna were right.
My 485 got approved and my PD was after cklein's or others.
But RD/ND was Mar 04.
It is taking about one year from RD/ND if you see the tracker.

cklein said:
I am not sure about my PD, but the original labor was approved in 2002, so I guess the original PD should be something around 2000.

My 140 is amazing to me, approved in 4 month, that's what give me hope that the 485 will be approved soon.

Don't get your hope up too much. My 140 was approved in 2 weeks but I am in for more than a year waiting for 485