PR staus Obligation of 2 years and being on Business Trip

stalekar_2000

Hello All

I was landed immigrant in Nov 2004. Went back to India after having received PR card for me and my family. We came back by Nov 2007 to resettle as by then we were Ready in all senses (Financilay and metally) to settle in Canada. This was towards end of 3rd year of Residency status.

I came here with intention to start Software Consulting and Training services in PLM and hence registered & stared a PLML Inc. After amonth I have been travelling for almost 4 months for business in India. I received good response and have affiliate companies here. We executed orders in name of Candian company for Indian and US automotive companies . I filed initial tax returns in Canada as well.

I Plan to Return back to Canada this month. As per residency rules I think each day spent out of country on behalf established ( not sure of newly started ) Canadian company could be considered to fulfil the residency obligation of 2 years of period out of each 5.

Do you think I will have problems at port of entry for being a returning residetn?.
Any advice or views are most welcome. I am hopeful that many would have tried enterprising while being on PR. please share share your view and experience on these lines.

Last edited by a moderator: