PR Card Pick up

Udupi

Registered Users (C)
My friend has got date to pick up the PR card on December 29th. To obtain the PR card, CIC asked to bring any identity card issued by Canadian Official along with the passport, landing paper and PR Pick up letter. My Friend has only SIN card from Canada.
Does SIN Card work as secondary identity document? Does Bank Statement work ? OR US Identity cards any (drivers' license) or indian driving license?

Thanks

Udupi

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend has got date to pick up the PR card on December 29th. To obtain the PR card, CIC asked to bring any identity card issued by Canadian Official along with the passport, landing paper and PR Pick up letter. My Friend has only SIN card from Canada.
Does SIN Card work as secondary identity document?
Does Bank Statement work ? OR US Identity cards any (drivers' license) or indian driving license?

----- show the passport, PR card pick up letter and landing paper if they ask any secondary ID show SIN Card or US DL or Indian DL, no problem

Ginnu in another post you said they don’t have to pick PR Card, it will be mailed to their Canadian address if they landed after June 28, 2002, but this is not the case? Can anybody please explain?

the above post is for "Udupi" as his friend got a date to pick up PR card and his friend may have landed before June 28, 2002

Depika
Ginnu in another post you said they don’t have to pick PR Card, it will be mailed to their Canadian address if they landed after June 28, 2002,
----- that is true

** those who landed before 28 June 2002 have to apply PR card IN Canada and have to pick up the card when the get letter to pick up the PR card from CIC local Office

* Those who landed are landing AFTER 28 June 2003 will get PR card by MAIL at Canada address and no need to go for Pick up.