PR Card : Not received

pearl11142002

Registered Users (C)
Folks:

My wife had completed her landing process on April 15 2005 and has not received the card yet, she had provided friends address at the border and was told that she should be receiving the card in 30 days.

I had completed the landing process a month before her and had received the card within 30 days.

During my landing process the officer did not accept my friends address for receiving the PR card, as it was not my permanent address. Instead the officer gave form IMM 546 Address Notification- Permanent Resident Card and she told me to fax the form once I have a permanent address.

I don’t know what needs to be done? Can anyone suggest alternatives to get the PR card for my wife?

-Pearl

Ask a friend in Canada to call CIC's telephone hotline and conference you in. Also check eclient at CIC site to check if the address in their system is corect. Your wife may have to go to Canada for another photograph.
Thanks

I have tried eclient and it does not have the record of my wife bit it has my records with the address that I had provided during my landing.

I am thinking to fax the IMM 5456 with my wifes infomration and see what happens, has any one done this?

-Pearl

no pr card

Welcome to the club.You will receive a letter from CIC stating that your photo was not scnnable. You will receive an appointment for a photo session at a location close to your landing address. Thats what happened to me. I lived close to canada and I took a trip to Toronto and got my card. Watch your mail at the Canadian landing address.

Even If I get the letter , my wife cannot enter Canada as her visa has expired.

I stay in Michigan near Sarnia,Canada it wont be a problem to go for the photograph.

But the question is how can i enter Canada?

-Pearl

Last edited by a moderator:
You can re-enter Canada from USA by road in non commercial carrier (car) with just PP and record of landing. Keep the letter from CIC. Sarnia is a good border, I re-enterd from Wisonsin by rental car with PP and record of landing. The immigrant visa is single entry, you cannot reuse it even if it is valid.

pearl11142002 said:
Folks:

My wife had completed her landing process on April 15 2005 and has not received the card yet, she had provided friends address at the border and was told that she should be receiving the card in 30 days.

I had completed the landing process a month before her and had received the card within 30 days.

During my landing process the officer did not accept my friends address for receiving the PR card, as it was not my permanent address. Instead the officer gave form IMM 546 Address Notification- Permanent Resident Card and she told me to fax the form once I have a permanent address.

I don’t know what needs to be done? Can anyone suggest alternatives to get the PR card for my wife?

-Pearl

pearl11142002 ,
How did you get the PR if the Immigration Officer did not accept your friend's address? I had the same problem last week. Please share your experience.