PR Card (IMM5444?) questions. Urgent!

srp10

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I will be driving Seattle -> Vancouver this friday in order to complete landing formalities over the weekend.

From what I understand, I have to fill up an applcation for the PR Card at the immigration counter at the border. I have a few questions wrt this:

1) I have downloaded the IMM 5444 (Application for Permanent Resident Card - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/ki...ms/IMM5444E.pdf). Is this the correct form? I plan to have it pre-filled and ready at the counter so that I do not have to spend a lot of time there...

Assuming this form is correct...
2) RIght at the top, there is a field "Date you became a PR of Canada". I assume this is the friday when I complete landing formalities (as against the date when the COPR was sent to me). Correct?

3) Part B (Address, work and educational history for the past 5 years) questions (all of them) say "if you became a permanent resident less than 5 years ago". I would think that I do not need to fill up anything for part B. Is this correct?

4) It seems to me that all parts of the form except Part A (personal details) are irrelevant. Is this right? Should I just ignore them?

Pls help, this is urgent!

Thanks
SRP

srp10 said:
Hi,

I will be driving Seattle -> Vancouver this friday in order to complete landing formalities over the weekend.

From what I understand, I have to fill up an applcation for the PR Card at the immigration counter at the border. I have a few questions wrt this:

1) I have downloaded the IMM 5444 (Application for Permanent Resident Card - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/ki...ms/IMM5444E.pdf). Is this the correct form? I plan to have it pre-filled and ready at the counter so that I do not have to spend a lot of time there...

2) RIght at the top, there is a field "Date you became a PR of Canada". I assume this is the friday when I complete landing formalities (as against the date when the COPR was sent to me). Correct?

3) Part B (Address, work and educational history for the past 5 years) questions (all of them) say "if you became a permanent resident less than 5 years ago". I would think that I do not need to fill up anything for part B. Is this correct?

4) It seems to me that all parts of the form except Part A (personal details) are irrelevant. Is this right? Should I just ignore them?

Thanks
SRP

I am not aware of any forms I completed while landing. The landing papers were sufficient enough and I received the PR Card on the address I provided to the immigration official.

-meetme

Hi

srp10 said:
Hi,

Thanks
SRP

You don't complete anything the 5444 is for PR landed before June/02 and those renewing their PR card. Yours will be processed at the Border and mailed to a Canadian address if you provide one. If you don't have Canadian address, then you have 6 months to supply one.

PMM