PR card application kit

My 2cents:
1. One should get the Forms kit at Canadian Friend address in Canada, as they are not going to mail it out side Canada
And the Fee Receipt from site can only be sent to Canadian address. The your Friend or Relative should mail it to you in US
2 Read what you need to be done in Canada for PR card, I have found that for Photographs the requirement is that it should have date when it was taken at what place it was taken or stamp of Studio at back of Photographs. I don’t think one kind find these kid of Photo studio in US who stamp the photographs as lot of Canadian PR will be applying for the card, better to take the photographs in Canada and many studio will know about the photographs in Canada.
2. If you are in US you have to visit Canada for 3-4 days because you have to find a guarantor and your documents that are to be attached with PR Card application like record of Landing Copy or First page of Passport that should be Notarized in Canada and you have to find a guarantor in Canada get his Sign on Application and back side of your one photograph. Even if they have an option that one can submit the application with out a Guarantor, one who is staying out of Canada should apply with signature of a Guarantor to avoid any complications or more info in future. I hope the Friends who have landed in Canada from US may also help you to get other info like finding a guarantor or Notary in Canada.
One should prepare before coming to Canada to apply for the PR card.

If you visit the site you clearly know that who landed in 2002 they should be processed for PR card from 15 OCTOBER to November End. It means that those who landed in 2002 should try to get the forms, Kit, Receipts and should prepare for filling.

I do not know if one landed in 2002 and suppose he cannot visit Canada immediately or is unable to apply between OCT to NOV, what will happen to his/her application if he/she applies later.
I do not think that it will be a problem to mention that you were away from Canada, you are required to stay 730 days in any 5 years to maintain your PR
For more info regarding forms and kit please visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/prcard.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF
Actual PR Card filable application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

let us wait for the responces from other friends also.
I will provide the help as much as I can. Many who are just landing they will get the PR directly but they will stop visiting this site, all should help each other.

Good Luck!!

I landed in November, 2001 and after that I have been in USA. I would like to apply for the PR card......but I am not sure if I qualify?

And you are right that one has to do careful planning before going to Canada for aplying for PR Card.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Does not look possible to apply for

the PR card from the USA..photo requirements and fee receipt requirements need to be fullfilled only from within Canda.

tt tt i understand you are in the U.S are going to travel to canada to get this done. If so what is your plan. Do you have a guarentor etc
thanks

I dont need one I think...since I have

landed since May 2001 . I think I will travel when my employer sends me there the next time. ( part of my job function is to work from toronto ).

anyway I just requested for the application kit, so I will wait until I get it on my canadian address and then see how it goes.

Can i go to Canada before 2003

Can i go to canada before 2003 because i landed in aug 2001.
and came back to US and stayed in US do i qualify for PR CARD.

Can i go to canada before 2003 because i landed in aug 2001.
and came back to US and stayed in US do i qualify for PR CARD.

Yes you can go to Canada before 2003, you are qualified for the PR card
Count this Landed Aug2001 and in August 2002 you compleated 1 year out of Canada
if you enter Canada in August 2003 it will be 2 years from landing and accoring to new law you only need 730 days to live in Canada to maintain your PR.

According to old law you have overstayed more than 6 months, I hope when you have to apply for PR card you may need a document that varfies that you are still PR of Canada, I think that document you have to get from the nearest Canada embassy, I have not read the full document regarding PR Card application if you have time please read all the instruction URL is posted on this thread.

Question on C-11 and the new PR Card

Hi All!

I am currently on H1B with I-485 pending. I landed in Canada in Oct. 2000 as an immigrant, but did not return since. I had a couple of questions:

1. Does C-11 restore my status as i have not been away for more than 730 days in a five-year term? In other words, is C-11 only applicable to new immigrants (those approved after June 28 2002), or to all current immigrants?

2. If i want to enter Canada again, will i face any difficulty as i have been away since 2000? It looks like we will need to go to Canada for the new PR

3. Question for tt tt: when you travel to Canada from the U.S., what kind of questions do you have to face by CIC officers? Are you based in Detroit and go to Windsor, or Washington/British Columbia area? Or do you fly?

Thank you in Advance!

Usually the Qs are : how many days in USA ? what do you do for work ? Any weapons, cigarettes, alcohol ?
I have to fly from California to Toronto usually, sometimes I fly to vancouver and then fly to toronto since the tickets are cheaper on that route.

thank you, tt tt! another couple of questions...

Thank you very much for your reply. As someone who has never returned to Canada since Oct. 2000, if I try to go there now, and i say i have been in US for one and a half years, will that cause serious problems, like putting my PR status in jeopardy?

Do you tell them that you work in California? and do you tell them that you have been out of Canada for more than six months? What kind of consequenses does that have?

I really appreciate your responses, as i have no experience in this matter, and things are not looking so good here in the U.S.

Thanks in advance!

hi
I am in the same situation as Cypress so i decided to call canadian immigration. Infact i landed in july 2000. They were very helpful and told me that i could come back before july 2003. Just to reconfirm i called again and got a different person this time and she gave me the exact same story. Now i only need to decide whether i should go to canada or just reapply for immigration there again? I say re apply as i am married now and my wife is not on the application. What do you suggest? I still have a job in the U.S and there are no word of any laysoff yet? but things may change?

Cyrus and ddagsyn.....

Most of the time the officers are quite friendly and non suspicious so not many questions are asked and I did not stick around much more to answer more questions !

It has been established pretty much that the new law is retroactive as regards the residency requirement.

In my case since I used to visit for short periods, I have SIN cards/ CAA cards/ ATM & Credit cards from TD Canada trust/ Health Cards / BC ID cards with me so it should not be too difficult to prove that I have an interest in coming back.

I would say not to give more info than asked. Tell them you worked in the US since there were no jobs in Canada at that time...or show some interview scheduled in Canada etc.

If your wife needs to apply then you have to show canadian tax returns etc...so it may not be possible to do that.

Overstay outside Canada

thanks for the timely responses.
in one of the replies, i see that "you have overstayed" as per the old rule and need a document to say that u r still a PR ?
This worries me as i landed earlier this year and may have overstayed.

Also, does anyone know if the law specifically says that it is retro-active ? How am I different from someone that landed in 2000/2001 and had actually lost status earlier ? When i landed, the returning resident permit was on its way out and there was no clear way on how to extend stay outside canada ?

if my 6 months is getting over very soon, should i makke a trip for a few days so that I would have entered at least once within six months ?

ID cards ?

What are CAA cards ? does Ontario have any id cards ? how does one get a bank account/credit card in Canada ?

Canadian Auto Association

check the ontario motor vehicles web site...maybe they have an ID card there ...i got mine from BC

Should I tell the exact data being outside of Canada?

I have two questions (actually more than two but am asking those two here) about the PR card application, and hopefully can get some good ideas from any of you.
1) I landed in 1996. The instrution says "your application will be processced during the month of May 2003". Should I submit application in the month of May 2003, or by that month?
2) I have been in the US for over 3 years. Should I tell the truth that I have been outside of Canada for that long period, or make that period shorter, or even say I am living in Canada currently when I fill in the form? How do they check my residence status since I do not have any stamp on my passport.

If I go to Canada for couple of days to finalise all the documents, mail the application and come back to the US, do you think I can still use the Landing Paper to enter Canada to pick up the card?

They just ask for 'certified copy of Landing Paper'. So, does the landing paper still valid after I mail the application?

Many Thanks!!!!!

To cc cc:
Since you only attached certified copy of immi paper to the application form, the immi paper will be still on your hand which should be valid until December 31, 2003.