PR Application for Brother in India

vivjain1

Hi All,

I am in USA for past 5 years and want to apply for my brother's PR. He is 34 yrs of age and married and has 2 kids. He has NEVER been to canada or USA. He is working in Delhi as a General Manager in a Garment Export house. Recently I got his case for PR freely accessed by an attorny in california and according to them it is worth giving a try for PR i.e. they gave positive assessment for him. I wanted to know whether applying for his PR in USA is a good idea and what chances does he stand for actually having the PR approved by Canadian Immigration. If he does stand any chances is it good to look for some attorny in India i.e. what are the pros and cons of applying in USA versus applying in India. Also what are the ways to score the maximum point towards acquiring the 75 point criteria.
I am very new to all this, and very dumb in immigration related issues. Please give some direction......
Thanks a lot for any replies....

Regards,
Vivek

canadian immigration

your brother cannot apply in the US for Canadian immigration because he is not a US resident.

Youd dont really need an attorney. check out www.cic.gc.ca. The forms are self explanatory for the most part.

Can somebody after coming as a tourist in US can apply for canadian PR or is it mandatory to be resident.

I have seen people applied their PR application after going to Hk or Singapore, from India for fater processing. Is it still the same of not.

Thanks for the reply in advance

if you are not in the US on a H1 or a F1 or a long term visa, it is not advisable to apply for canadian PR from US. how are you going to get a FBI clearance when on a tourist visa? how are you planning to attend a personal interview, if you are called for one? medical exams can be done anywhere in the world. for that matter, i would not suggest even applying from singapore or hong kong unless one has a long term visa to stay there to complete the whole process that takes about 2-3 years depending upon where you file from? hope this information helps, good luck.