PP Stamping

TheyStink said:
Thanks Kanadian. I was able to get appointment.....this infopass system sucks!!!!!! Anyway, I'm confused....After PP stamping, is it a necessary step to get New SS card???
Thanks.

well your current SS card has this wording that your are authorize to work with valid visa and the new one wont have that wording, its going to be blank which means you have true work authorzation...and dont need any visa or work permit....good luck.

acc918 said:
Kanadian:
We are going for PP Stamping for my wife. Do we really need to do the SS card the next day? Why can't we do it the same day?

Thanks!

well you always can try but mostly there system gets update overnight so its better to go next day and they can see you approval in their system and can process your SS card application....good luck

Thanks very much....I can't believe I never paid attention to that wording in my SS card....Guess, I'll have to get a new one which does not have that restriction ;-).......Can u get the SS card at the same place as PP stamping??I thought it was given by SS office which is a different location.

Kanadian said:
well your current SS card has this wording that your are authorize to work with valid visa and the new one wont have that wording, its going to be blank which means you have true work authorzation...and dont need any visa or work permit....good luck.

TheyStink said:
Thanks very much....I can't believe I never paid attention to that wording in my SS card....Guess, I'll have to get a new one which does not have that restriction ;-).......Can u get the SS card at the same place as PP stamping??I thought it was given by SS office which is a different location.

you are right, you have to go to SS Office. here are the links to download application and find nearst Social Security office to you:

http://s3abaca.ssa.gov/pro/fol/fol-home.html

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.html

Good Luck

Got the appointments for PPS

Kanadian said:
get the appointment now and letter will come soon, if somehow you dont get it by that time then cancel the appointment and get it again. If you are doing it for yourself then you have to use two computers to get two appointments. or get different IP address. I got one from work and one from home. if it says no time available then just keep trying and you will get it....try after 4:30 or 5:00 (Print you confirmation page to take with you)

after PP stamp apply for SS Card next day...dont go same day....good luck
if you have any other question just ask.
Thanks, Kanadian! After trying a couple time with no sucess. I woke up early Saturday morning around 430 am and fianlly scheduel an appointment on 2/14/05 for myself. I also got an appointment for my spouse on the same day and same time. Now I am waiting for my approval receipt to arrivie so I can follow the instruction to prepare photographs. I heard USCIS recently change the photo requirement to full frontal. Did you have your photos taken this way?

neteric said:
Thanks, Kanadian! After trying a couple time with no sucess. I woke up early Saturday morning around 430 am and fianlly scheduel an appointment on 2/14/05 for myself. I also got an appointment for my spouse on the same day and same time. Now I am waiting for my approval receipt to arrivie so I can follow the instruction to prepare photographs. I heard USCIS recently change the photo requirement to full frontal. Did you have your photos taken this way?

yes, just go to wall mart and they know how to take passport picture :)