PP Stamping

Kanadian

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Today we went for Stamping and the overall experience was good. My wife got Stamp in less then 5 minutes but for me got messed up. The guy was so friendly that I thought he is drunk. so without looking at my passport expiry he stamped my passport for one year and my passport is expiring in 3 months so I told him and he realized than he void my stamp and asked me to bring one photo so he can give me one year stamp of 1-90 card.

Well I left my wife and kid in that office and drove to Eackard, guess what they opened after 35 minutes. I took the pitures back and the officer created the card and stamped it. I went back to parking lot as I lost the free parking now I had to pay 4 bux. I started my car and just decided to check my passport again and guess what? On the card he put female and country of birth instead of citizenship country.

Then I had to go back and he was still very friendly and said sorry my bad and created a new card with right information. well one thing is good that I got longer stamp rather than 3 months but wasted so much time.

so finally we are all set......atleast that how we thing but dont know whats next.....good luck to you all.

Kanadian,

Congratulations ! Good to know your experience with stamping.

I thought that the stamping is valid even with an expired passport and with a new passport.

Kanadian said:
Folks,

Today we went for Stamping and the overall experience was good. My wife got Stamp in less then 5 minutes but for me got messed up. The guy was so friendly that I thought he is drunk. so without looking at my passport expiry he stamped my passport for one year and my passport is expiring in 3 months so I told him and he realized than he void my stamp and asked me to bring one photo so he can give me one year stamp of 1-90 card.

Well I left my wife and kid in that office and drove to Eackard, guess what they opened after 35 minutes. I took the pitures back and the officer created the card and stamped it. I went back to parking lot as I lost the free parking now I had to pay 4 bux. I started my car and just decided to check my passport again and guess what? On the card he put female and country of birth instead of citizenship country.

Then I had to go back and he was still very friendly and said sorry my bad and created a new card with right information. well one thing is good that I got longer stamp rather than 3 months but wasted so much time.

so finally we are all set......atleast that how we thing but dont know whats next.....good luck to you all.

Where did u get yr stamping done. chicago?

I'm new to this so please bear with me. My 485 just got approved. Looks like the next step is PP stamping. Who sets up the appointment? Also, where are all the approval notices sent to (that is directly to my address or to my lawyer)? Thanks in Advance.

TheyStink said:
I'm new to this so please bear with me. My 485 just got approved. Looks like the next step is PP stamping. Who sets up the appointment? Also, where are all the approval notices sent to (that is directly to my address or to my lawyer)? Thanks in Advance.

Q:Who sets up the appointment?
A:Check your approval notice and Go to :https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Q:Also, where are all the approval notices sent to (that is directly to my address or to my lawyer)?
A: Both, Directly to your address and your lawyer ;)

Thanks a lot IDreams. When I try to make an appointment, it says:
"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."
Is this normal and will I have to keep trying?

IDreams said:
Q:Who sets up the appointment?
A:Check your approval notice and Go to :https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Q:Also, where are all the approval notices sent to (that is directly to my address or to my lawyer)?
A: Both, Directly to your address and your lawyer ;)

TheyStink said:
"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."

Try different ZIP code near your or just the office's
;)

TheyStink said:

I think it is normal. I tried for 2 hours and could get in thrice out of nearly 10-20 tries (self, wife and daughter). So keep trying.

It sucks but you have no choice

Infopass appointment

Congratulation! Kanadian:
I got approved today and was trying to figure out what the next step is. Do I schedule Infopass appointment now for PPS ? or wait until I receive the notice? Do you take teh approval notice to the appointment ?

neteric said:
Congratulation! Kanadian:
I got approved today and was trying to figure out what the next step is. Do I schedule Infopass appointment now for PPS ? or wait until I receive the notice? Do you take teh approval notice to the appointment ?

get the appointment now and letter will come soon, if somehow you dont get it by that time then cancel the appointment and get it again. If you are doing it for yourself then you have to use two computers to get two appointments. or get different IP address. I got one from work and one from home. if it says no time available then just keep trying and you will get it....try after 4:30 or 5:00 (Print you confirmation page to take with you)

after PP stamp apply for SS Card next day...dont go same day....good luck
if you have any other question just ask.

Congrats Kanadian!!!!!
What do you mean by "get two appointments"? Also, does SS means Social Security card or is it something else?
Thanks!

Kanadian said:
get the appointment now and letter will come soon, if somehow you dont get it by that time then cancel the appointment and get it again. If you are doing it for yourself then you have to use two computers to get two appointments. or get different IP address. I got one from work and one from home. if it says no time available then just keep trying and you will get it....try after 4:30 or 5:00 (Print you confirmation page to take with you)

after PP stamp apply for SS Card next day...dont go same day....good luck
if you have any other question just ask.

TheyStink said:
Congrats Kanadian!!!!!
What do you mean by "get two appointments"? Also, does SS means Social Security card or is it something else?
Thanks!

one for you and one for your spouse if you are married and both got approval letter. Yes thats Social Security card

Documents for PP stamping

Kanadian

our485 cases were approved on 01/27/2005. I am planning to schedule infopass appointment for PP stamping. Could you please list of doocuments we need to carry in order to get passport stamped.

Thanks

Hello Kanadian and other gurus...

I had my visa revalidated (within US) hence I do not have my I 94 card (the department of state asked for it to revalidate the visa). I do have my H1 797 with the attached I 94. I plan to take this amongst other things for my PP stamping next week. Is that OK?

By the way, the checklist I am taking is:
I 94, approval notice courtesy copy, infopass appt, 2 photos, old eads, old aps, passports, dl and just to be sure the ssn cards.
Anything else?

Thank you!
Mamoo

Thanks a lot!!!! By the way, is there any secret to making an appointment using InfoPass??.....I've been trying since yesterday with no luck.

Kanadian said:
one for you and one for your spouse if you are married and both got approval letter. Yes thats Social Security card

Things to take with you for PP Stamping:
Passport
All EADs
All Advance Parole
Driver's License
Print Infopass Appointment and take it with you as well

That's it. They dont want Social Security card. But next day take only your passport and SS card to replace the old SS card.

try after 5 to get infopass appointment....good luck

Thanks Kanadian. I was able to get appointment.....this infopass system sucks!!!!!! Anyway, I'm confused....After PP stamping, is it a necessary step to get New SS card???
Thanks.

Do SS Card the next day?

Kanadian said:
Things to take with you for PP Stamping:
Passport
All EADs
All Advance Parole
Driver's License
Print Infopass Appointment and take it with you as well

That's it. They dont want Social Security card. But next day take only your passport and SS card to replace the old SS card.

try after 5 to get infopass appointment....good luck

Kanadian:
We are going for PP Stamping for my wife. Do we really need to do the SS card the next day? Why can't we do it the same day?

Thanks!