pp stamping @ san antonio

greatbcis

Registered Users (C)
has anyone had an experience with PP stamping at San Antonio and would like to share? i received by apporval last week and need to get my PP stamped, was wondering if one needs to make appointment? the approval notice doesn't say about making appointment but just gives time slot... read few threads about peoples experience at dallas, saying its advisable to make appointment.... also, if one needs to make appointment at san antonio, then do you happen to have a phone number?

thanks,

GreatBcis,
I went for my PP stamping in San Antonio in April. You do not need an appointment - just make sure that you take your approval notice, 2 ADIT style photos, a valid passport, I-94, any EADs and APs you might have. If you get there early, by about 8:30am or 9:00am, you should be out very quickly - about half an hour. Check the INS office schedule, I think they take stamping applications for only half a day on Wednesday. Other than that, you should be fine. The officer who did my stamping was very courteous, he offered me his congratulations on becoming a PR - the icing on the cake!! Watch out for him!

Cheers,
S_PALLEMONI

Hi S_PALLEMONI,

Thanks for sharing your experience... i guess, they do have some nice people there! ;)

have a good one....

San Antonio stamping

I called the 1-800 # number this morning and asked if I need to make an appointment for PP stamping. And the lady said yes, that I need to make an appointment. She did give me confirmation numbers for our appointment for me and my daughter. Two separate appointments.

stamping completed

went to san antonio CIS office for pp stamping on 6/10/2004. Didn't made any appointment, its not required. Reached there @ 8:00 AM and was out by 9:00 AM... had to re-take photos there... its good they have a private person in the office for taking photos... costs $11 for set of 4 pics.... they take cash only... otherwise the process was pretty smooth... IO was saying it can take upto an year for getting the actual plastic card... does anyone has experience on when they received plastic card after stamping pp @ san antonio office?

thanks

US_IMMIGRANT,
I remember being asked for my DL before I submitted all my docs (APs,EADs,Approval notice etc). But I'm positive that it was just to check my name and not my address. The reason I say that is because my DL showed my old address (we moved and informed USCIS/DHS about the address change). Just make sure that they put down the right address when your GC card application is being filled out by the guy. You should be fine.

Good Luck!