pp stamping question

gc0730

is the courtesy copy(which i got) is enough or i need to wait for original copy(sent to attorney) for passport stampimg.And guys and gals who finised their pp stamping at NEWARK ,please post your stamping experiences .thanks a lot everybody for sharing the info.

Do they check for a valid visa on the passport?

Also, what if we do not go for stamping and wait for the card?

You have to go for stamping

From what I\'ve heard, you\'ll need to turn in 2 new photos and
do FP (both for the card!)

Hi GC0730 !

I saw that your case got approved on 04/26.
When did you exactly receive the approval notice?
How long did it take from approval date?

If you dont go for stamping..you dont get the card....

I\'m also waiting for my courtesy copy of approval. (ad: may 2nd).
Also my Visa is expired long time ago and didn\'t stamped with the new H1..

Newark Passport Stamping

I am also going to the newark office for passport stamping, so I have been searching this site for articles on Newark PP Stamping experience. There are at least 6 informative postings on that subject. However, there are contradictions between different postings. For example, some say use the side entrance, and some say do not use the side entrance, you have to used the entrance in the back of the building..... After studying all the postings word-by-word, this is what I am going to do tomorrow:

Leave home at about 9:30am.
1. Take I-95 to Rt280 to Rt21(McCarter Hwy) to E Kinney to Broad St. (I am coming from the north)
2. Find a parking lot (some say the fee is $8, some say $4, 5)
3. Go to the side entrance (I am going on a Wednesday, which is when I was told to go based on the approval notice. That is what I would consider an APPOINTMENT.)
4. I\'ll hand in the courtesy copy approval notice, AP, EAD, and the side faced photos (I took the photos myself with a digital camera, and printed with Epson photo printer on Epson photo paper. Made sure all the measurements exactly meet the requirements. I made two sets, one with glasses, one without. There were postings saying they don\'t accept photos with glasses. I doubt that is common, but I prepared a set without glasses anyway.)

I\'ll see how all that worked out, and post another message on Thursday.

Newark passport stamping

I think the confusion about side-entrance or back-entrance is because the 970 Broad St building is a rectangular-footprint building with the short edge facing Broad St. So some may be confused bout which direction the building actually faces. The entrance for PP Stamping is clearly marked "IMMIGRATION ..." So forget about side or back, just go for the entrance that says "IMMIGRATION...". I went on a Wednesday, at about 10:00am. We were the third family on line. The whole thing took less than 20 minutes. Do remember to bring your EAD and AP. The guy behind me didn\'t bring EAD, and was sent back to get it. We then went to the SSA office in the same building to get social security card for my wife. That SSA office is fully packed with about 80 people. Looked like about 2 hour wait. We didn\'t wait. Instead, we stopped by my local SSA office on the way home, and completed the application in 10 minutes.

My suggestion is to come on Wednesday, as requested on the approval notice, as long as you can. Otherwise you get mixed with people with other immigration issues, and have to wait a long time.