PP Stamping in San Jose

ersheido

Registered Users (C)
My case was recently approved, but I haven\'t received my notice yet. Once I get my notice, I have to go to San Jose for stamping.

Does one know if they\'re open on Fridays and whether there are any special things to take into consideration?

Also, is the office still on 1st St.?

Thanks,

No Title

Ershiedo,

I went for my PP stamping on May 21st, Monday.

I was there around 4:45 a.m and there were about 150 people ahead of me. Most of these people seemed to have spent the night there. After 5 a.m , lots of people started arriving.We stood in line until about 7:15 a.m when the line slowly started moving. My token number was 103.
I got to the counter by 11 a.m and got the stamping done. I was surprised to see that the GC details are written by hand. The H-1 visa seems much nicer.
Anyway, I saw that this was a temporary stamping and was told I would receive the plastic card in the mail in 9 months. I asked the IIO if this Plastic card would be valid for 10 yrs and she said she doesn\'t know !! So much for that !

There were 4-6 officers at the counter at any time.

P.S Better take some cash as the only way to get something to eat/drink is from a mobile catering van that parks outside the office until the INS opens. I was so cold standing there that morning !

No Title

Thanks for the details...

I think I might try to do the stamping somewhere else. My company\'s headquarters is in Virginia and I\'m there frequently. I might try to get a stamp there if I can. I\'m not sure if there\'s any downside to doing that.