PP Stamping experience in Newark,NJ

shorus s.

Registered Users (C)
FINALLY ! The Red colored rubber stamp came down heavily on one of the pages in my passort at 10:30am. My wife\'s was done the same way at 10:29am.

EB3 india
PD:12/95
ND: 10/98
Intent to deny received: 6/14/00
Replied: 6/16/00
Approved: 7/13/00
More details about my bad luck follows....
Heard the lovely message of approval on 7/18/00 and realized that the approval notices were mailed on 7/13. Received wife\'s on 7/20 and I waited till 7/27 for mine. Obviously - mine was lost in mail ( had not lost even a single mail since my last 7years here!!!). Called IIO vermont on 7/27 desperately and was able to get thru to him. He was very polite and said "Sir, I admire your patience in having waited for 14 days to receive the notice from us. It is more than sufficient time for the postal delivery personnel to resolve all issues and hand it over to you. I will personally take a print out right now and mail it to you. It should be in the mail by 4pm today". And he did it exactly (Talk about patience for 14 days - Jesus - it has been 5 freaking years to get that approval notice !!) But Since my wife\'s approval was in hand - we decied to take a chance and go to INS Newark for stamping today ( you must go only on wednesdays).
When we were in the queue - an officer was checking everyone\'s appointment to make sure only people with approval were in the queue. When he got to us - i explained my entire situation and he immediately said "As long as they can find your case approved inside on their computers - you should be fine - so you should go in also with your wife".
Fine - entered the big building and the next officer who issues tokens directly rejected my explanation of having lost the approval notice in mail. She said "I cant take what the computer shows here - it may be making a mistake - this is a case from vermont - and we need the original approval letter". So she issued the token only to my wife but allowed me also to go and sit with her in the waiting room.
Finally - when my wife\'s token came up - she approached the next officer and got her\'s done. When the officer was stamping her\'s, she took up the courage to explain my situation and asked her if she was willing to help us. The officer was more than willing to check it out and called me up to show some ID and she immediately said - I see that you did call vermont on 27th and they have mailed a duplicate approval notice to you. Please keep it for your personal records when you get it - and BAM - she put the rubber stamp in my passport.
On coming back home - the approval notice was in the mail !!!
Sorry if this was boring to someone - But I was thrilled with the events every single minute today as and when they were happening !

Without this site - I would never have been able to follow other cases closely and understand the time-frames in which things were being done!
Cheers to Internet as a whole,folks!

No Title

Congratulations! Can you share some more details about your stamping experience like, what time did you get there and how long did it take, etc.. I think I will be getting mine stamped next week. Any information you can provide will be helpful!

Thanks!

No Title

we reached there at 7:15am to get into the line - but later realized that you can get in there anytime from 8am to 12pm.
it depends on how moany turn up that day - it is always better to get there early in the morning though.