PP Stamping Experience at Baltimore office

Cheekoo

Registered Users (C)
Got info pass appointment for 8:10am
reached Baltimore office 8:05
Got window # + call 8:11
Officer stamped PP 8:16

I asked the officer if she needs old I94 or EAD she said she does not need those documents. she said I will recieve bio-metrix or cards in mail within this month.

Just wanted to update my experience at Baltimore

Why do we need it?

Cheekoo said:

I asked the officer if she needs old I94 or EAD she said she does not need those documents. she said I will recieve bio-metrix or cards in mail within this month.

Do we need to get PP stamed?

Cheekoo said:

Can you let me know if you already attended ur interview and if your priority date was current for you to get your passport stamped? Please let us know your priority date/date of your interview at the local USCIS. Thanks!

We needed to travel to Canada. Thats why we went to Local office.

LC PD April 2001 ( was current for quite a while )
I140 AD Jul 2002
I485 AD June 2006 ( No Interview ) Approved by VSC

Is it mandatory

Cheekoo said:
We needed to travel to Canada. Thats why we went to Local office.

LC PD April 2001 ( was current for quite a while )
I140 AD Jul 2002
I485 AD June 2006 ( No Interview ) Approved by VSC

I would appreciate if you could tell me is it mandatory to get PP stamped? My 485 is approved and I do have an GC? If I don't get my PP stamped can I travel outside of US?

We dont have our cards yet ...... thats why we needed the stamp to travel outside US without the cards. ....

Once we get the cards we will not need any stamps ... got it

Which option you picked for Infopass?

Hi Cheekoo,

When making the Infopass appointment, which option did you pick out of following -

You have received an approval letter or Form I-797 from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

You need to replace your Permanent Resident Card.

You wish to speak to an immigration officer.

Or some other option.....

I have to do it for my wife who got GC approved on June 8 but still waiting for card. We are planning to fly to India in a 2 weeks...

Thanks a lot for your help in advance...

Cheekoo said:
We dont have our cards yet ...... thats why we needed the stamp to travel outside US without the cards. ....

Once we get the cards we will not need any stamps ... got it

GC_GoneCase said:
Hi Cheekoo,

You have received an approval letter or Form I-797 from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp.

Thats the one I chose ..... actually it did not make any diff ... The Officer did not ask us a single thing beside ... "whats the reason for todays visit" . I should her our letters and said .." we got it in mail, and we need our passports to be stamped as we need to travel to canada" she asked for our passports.. zip code .. and thats it ... she stamped and gave back.

while leaving I stoped and sked her, if she needs I-94. she said that she does not want anything. .. i said ok ... :)

Simple ... Good Luck

Thanks Cheekoo,

We did info pass for July 14. Let see how it goes.

Cheekoo said:
Thats the one I chose ..... actually it did not make any diff ... The Officer did not ask us a single thing beside ... "whats the reason for todays visit" . I should her our letters and said .." we got it in mail, and we need our passports to be stamped as we need to travel to canada" she asked for our passports.. zip code .. and thats it ... she stamped and gave back.

while leaving I stoped and sked her, if she needs I-94. she said that she does not want anything. .. i said ok ... :)

Simple ... Good Luck